• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Most area's the TX is about 10 FPS ahead but some area's the FX is about 10 FPS ahead.

it shows a difference in architectures.

The FX also seems to be suffering from stutter compared to the TX. Wonder if it is a Driver overhead issue since the Vram usage is reasonable.

But the above could be due to the recording method.

Caporegime
My point was that it wouldn't work on Fiji based chips. This ofc is all just speculation, with no real measures to back it up.

Where does this come from? the Anand link you posted has the FX throttling and using exactly the same amount of power overclocked and stock.

That is exactly what it is supposed to do using Furmark because Furmark is not a GPU testing tool, its ancient and completely obsolete. all it does is try to heat up the GPU as much as possible and modern GPU's are intelligent enough to stop it from doing that, Furmark is completely usless.

Associate
Fury X arrived today, an Asus version, whines like a bitch, but more importantly I cannot get a signal on my monitor :(

using displayport, tried 2 cables, both ports, power led on fury ok, no bios beeps
reseated card, and ram for good measure, even reset bios. No signal :(

Bought from a competitor (had to, they owed me money - won't make the same mistake twice)

Put my old card back and I'm up and running again (after re-doing all of my OC / BIOS settings thanks to having tried a bios reset arrgghhh)

My plans for fury x and freesync this week are scuppered :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Fury X arrived today, an Asus version, whines like a bitch, but more importantly I cannot get a signal on my monitor :(

using displayport, tried 2 cables, both ports, power led on fury ok, no bios beeps
reseated card, and ram for good measure, even reset bios. No signal :(

Bought from a competitor (had to, they owed me money - won't make the same mistake twice)

Put my old card back and I'm up and running again (after re-doing all of my OC / BIOS settings thanks to having tried a bios reset arrgghhh)

My plans for fury x and freesync this week are scuppered :(

Is it visible in device manager - also try moving monitor onto mobo graphics adaptor to see if that is alive. My fury wasnt detected so mobo reverted to mobo intel hd4600. Moving card to a different slot got it working and let me install drivers (and hd4600 went back to sleep) - left it there until I go to Z170/skylake in a month or so. Something weird but no idea what - this was on Asus Z87-DELUXE mobo which was ok with a 290X before.

Last edited:
Associate
Is it visible in device manager - also try moving monitor onto mobo graphics adaptor to see if that is alive. My fury wasnt detected so mobo reverted to mobo intel hd4600. Moving card to a different slot got it working and let me install drivers (and hd4600 went back to sleep) - left it there until I go to Z170/skylake in a month or so. Something weird but no idea what - this was on Asus Z77-deluxe rooms mobo which was ok with a 290X before.
At no point did the screen activate so didnt even see bios nevermind windows drivers!
It never actually occurred to me to try another slot, what a muppet. Still, the whine is too much so its going back - interested in knowing the reason for no signal though.

Associate
What's wrong with this picture? 20k graphics score at 1130, and 630 on the memory. That's ridiculous.

VoUZOdM.png

The wrong in this is that my one of the cards tops out at 570mhz HBM. That's the only thing which is wrong, and oh, msi afterburner clashing with CCC and making things weird(like not engaging 3d clocks during testing). :)

Associate
When you do get the cards installed the first thing you will think when you turn your PC on is, "is it broken" as you won't hear anything.:D

Unfortunately for me it was not the case, as I was still on 290x drivers, and the cards were like a rocket ship, until I installed new drivers :p :D

Back
Top Bottom