• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Did AMDMAtt edit his original 15.7 post to remove a sentence something along the lines of, "Some users may find a slight performance drop transitioning from 15.15 to 15.20 drivers," because I've read that somewhere and both his post here and guru3d are edited.

Caporegime
AMD gimping their performance :D

Yer, they don't need Nvidia to do it for them, when they can easily do it themselves :D

Now encoding GTA V and pretty much the same. I did play for quite a bit and whilst the frames are not that great with everything maxed at 1080P (x4MSAA and x4shadows/softest shadows) but everything else maxed), it played fine.

These guys who keep saying that the Fury X is a 4K card..... It struggles at 1080P, let alone 4K lol :D

Mei

Mei

Soldato
RTSS does nothing in the 2 games i tried
well i say nothing but in hots it makes it crash if i have that running then try to change any ingame settings, with a error something like external program tried to change bla bla insta crash

maybe its a anti cheat i duno but shouldnt be this hard to limit fps lol
*shrug* any suggests welcome!

Soldato
GTA V playing smoother and faster for me with 15.7 on Win8.1 (5760x1080, no MSAA). Now runs about 60FPS in areas where it was running 55FPS previously, so not huge in numbers difference, but definitely feels smoothly when actually playing.

Need to play some more games, but for me the new drivers are an improvement.

Soldato
Hello everyone,

Click here to download the driver.

Highlights of the Driver:

AMD CrossFire™ Profile Enhancements

AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 includes enhancement for the following games since AMD Catalyst™ Omega:

Total War: Attila

Matt,

TW Attila. (and only that).
Single GPU performance indeed is improved with 15.7 compared to the previous drivers.

However CROSSFIRE performance, on the 295X2 TANKS. I LOSE 20 FPS!!!!! compared to single GPU setup.

The benchmark screen with CF, starts at 15fps, goes all way to 30 by the time it opens the gates.

With single GPU, it starts at 53 fps, and hovers between 45-50 all way to the gate opening.

I tried the test with CF numerous times. With and without custom CCC profile. Reset every single overclock setting and run it at stock speeds also. So for now, I will keep CF off for this game. :/

FYI this is ONLY related to Attila.
Other games like TESO, which doesn't have a profile, works fine and I get more fps :D

(And yes Uninstalled the 15.6 and run DDU on top as always).

Permabanned
Gregster Maybe You will have time to run one pass of Unigine Valley at max setting 8xaa using stereo interlaced 3D

catzilla
1 21151
2 21405

Valley interlaced 3D

What i got from driver upgrade i was on 15.5

Soldato
GTA V playing smoother and faster for me with 15.7 on Win8.1 (5760x1080, no MSAA). Now runs about 60FPS in areas where it was running 55FPS previously, so not huge in numbers difference, but definitely feels smoothly when actually playing.

Need to play some more games, but for me the new drivers are an improvement.

GTA V is smoother for sure on my setup :)

Associate
So overall these drivers didn't bring much improvements for fury since 15.15 drivers already had lower overhead. But they did bring improvements for other cards who were using previous beta drivers, which didn't had lower overhead. Tbh I was hoping more performance for Fury X, but atleast we got some new features.

Associate
Hmm, mixed bag here.
Got a boost of about 500 points in firestrike from my previous 15.5 drivers and the smoothness of FreeSync was very noticable finally with my 295x2. Was very excited to start up The Witcher 3 then as previously I'd had to run a custom profile to disable xfire.
Unfortunately it's still not really playable in xfire, I have the temporal AA turned off in the ini file and with AA turned on in the game I get a constant juddering of everything. Turn off AA and the juddering goes away and fps jumps by about 20 to ~100. However the jaggies without AA are horrible and there's something else not right as even at a reported 100fps it's stuttering loads, not smooth at all (with v-sync Off and FreeSync On) and the cores clocks on both gpu cores are fluctuating by about 100MHz but I'm not close to the throttling temps, only about 65c. Looks like it's back to single gpu for this one :(

Soldato
Performance drop in Witcher 3 is normal with these drivers, its in the release notes :p

I actually don't get any fps drop in Witcher3 @ 1080P (I was using 1040 modded drivers before). In fact the game seems smoother and even around 5fps improvement in single card mode. It is important to enable vsync and else you will get stuttering/juddering.
GTA5 and Farcry4 are definitely much smoother than before. I even get 60fps in GTA5 @ 1440P VSR mode (AA disabled) which is pretty amazing. Will try other games but so far the most demanding games are visibly smoother for me with 7970 crossfire. The Frame rate target control is also a great feature and seems to make the cards run a bit cooler..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom