• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
The Roll of Honour.

Date 24/03/2017, Make Sapphire Nitro, Jumper118, Link
Date 20/11/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, chaosophy, Link
Date 17/11/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, Spec-Chum, Link
Date 08/11/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, futang17, Link
Date 25/10/2015, Make Asus Strix, Rezident, Link
Date 16/10/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, Ajaxx, Link
Date 09/10/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, IbaneZ, Link
Date 05/10/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, bake73, Link
Date 01/10/2015, Make Asus Strix, Sh4rkie, Link
Date 23/09/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, maonayze, Link
Date 10/09/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, r22snapper, Link
Date 06/09/2015, Make Asus Strix, BigDools, Link
Date 01/09/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, Ajaxx, Link
Date 14/08/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, LoadsaMoney, Link
Date 06/08/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, Radox-0, Link
Date 04/08/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, neil473, Link
Date 01/08/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, IainR, Link
Date 22/07/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, Mr Evil, Link
Date 21/07/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, Nutella33, Link
Date 17/07/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, sothur, Link
Date 17/07/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, Lokken86, Link
Date 17/07/2015, Make Sapphire Tri-X, djtoltec, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury Pro.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Fury Pro Benchmarks.

These can be used as a guide to ensure people are getting the best out of their systems.

Qpknbc8.jpg

Heaven 4 1080p

1 GPU

2 GPU

R2RwZnh.png

Firestrike Standard

1 GPU

2 GPU

Firestrike Ultra

1 GPU

2 GPU

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
User Reviews.

8 Pack reviews ASUS Fury Strix on air cooling and beyond.

I have always had great sucess when air testing and LN2 testing pretty much all ASUS cards over recent years. Great build quality and software support features making them
so easy to overclock and make big scores with.

On initial inspection the card is huge. Not because of the PCB but because of the massive DC3 cooler used on all ASUS full length Strix GPU. The cooler is the trade mark ASUS
black and red color scheme, supports three fans and some very substancial heat pipes. These heat pipes are in direct contact with the GPU and thus the aim is to make the
transfer of heat into them more efficient. The cooler is two slot so cards can be placed side by side without issue in upto 4 way Cross Fire X configuration. The backplate is not
only substancial in thickness and clean in looks it also supports an extra shim around the core area. This shim painted red is designed to further protect the BGA from cracking
if flexed and prolongue the longevity of the card. Lets take a look at this slick looking card mounted in my review system.

This ASUS Strix Fury DC3 was my first AMD Fury to try so I was keen to see how the card performed and overclocked.

Test system:
5960X 4875ghz
ASUS Rampage 5 extreme X99 MB
Kingston Predator DDR4
Kingston SSD
8Pack Superflower 2000w PSU

Microsoft WIndows 8.1
AMD Cataylst 15.7 WHQL Drivers.

Here are the results:
3D Mark Firestrike

3D Mark Firestrike Xtreme

3D Mark Firstrike Ultra 4K

Heaven 4.0 maxed out 1080p

Valley Xtreme HD setting 1080p

Heaven 4.0 Maxed out 4K

Valley Xtreme HD 4K

So as we can see using stock fan profile and stock volts my sample was rock stable at an overclock of 1100mhz on the GPU and 575mhz on the HBM memory. This yielded an
aproximate gain of 10% in terms of bench mark scores over the stock Fury GPU. Fury is not known for its crazy overclocking prowess but 10% free performance is not to be
sniffed at!!

The cooler for this card was very, very good indeed. AMD cards have a reputation for high heat output but the new DC3 designed cooler dealt with the overclocked card very
easily. At idle the temp of the card with the fans not spinning in 0db mode was around 48-49C. Even more impressive was that even with the card under full load the cooler
was almost silent while keeping GPU temps below 70C at all times with the average load temp being around 68C.

In summary if your in the market for an AMD Fury card the ASUS is a great choice. Its well built and packaged, cool and silent in operation and yields a decent performance
boost from Overclocking,

LN2 results:
Josh a budding Overclocker in our technical department is an AMD fan and saw the potential for XOC with this card. So we decided to team up and test on Ln2. We modded
the card in line with ASUS guide so LN2 could be used. This essentially means moding the 0.95v reference rail to avoid block screens at low temperatures and high voltages.
modding this rail to be around 1.3v meant we could bench around -90 with a smooth benching experience and no black screen issues.

We then flashed an ASUS R and D bios which allowed for a special version of GPU tweak to run high Core and Memory voltages. Using Josh's CPU and my LN2 pots, Kingston
mems and 8Pack PSU we managed to take the 3D Mark Sky Diver global first place with an overclock of 1437 on the core and 1025mhz on the HBM memory. Thats over
100% OC on the memory which I thought was very impressive.

Here is the screenshot of this great score.

and the link to Josh's submission on HWbot.
http://hwbot.org/submission/2979704_

Congratulations to Josh on his first Gold Cup.

This card once modded was really fun to bench and we hope to try more next week which I will update the thread with. Thanks to Shamino and Elmor for providing us with the
mods and R and D software for this card, As usual ASUS lead in developing XOC across all GPU.

http://185.103.4.11/showthread.php?t=18693939

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
User Videos.

If you have any user videos you want to share of the Fury Pro in action please post the link and I will place them here.

You will also need to post the following info please.

The CPU and clockspeed.

The clockspeeds used on the Fury Pro.

The resolution being used.

The drivers used.

What the video is about, ie playing Crysis 3 on map X.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm really liking the look of the Strix card but I just know that Asus pricing is going to put it too close to 500 quid and Fury X/980ti territory. I'm still sat back waiting for stock for the X to land which is annoying, The way things are going it'll be Winter before there readily available.

Mei

Mei

Soldato
its nice to see the tri-x now turns its fans off at idle
was on my wish list
i think they did a good job, nitro colors wuld of suit more ppl but still ^^;

Back
Top Bottom