*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Damn. No Simply Games delivery for today! (Shipped yesterday.)

Oh well, guess I'd better just get some work done instead. At least I won't feel so bad skiving to play when it's a Friday. That is, of course, if it arrives tomorrow.

(By that I mean playing the previous expansions. Until now I've only had the base game.)

Soldato
Hoping somebody can help me as it's been bothering me. It's regarding the SUROS pre-order bonus pack, I know digital pre-orders have it right now. I'm getting the physical collector's edition from GAME though, I pre-ordered in store as their web store never deliver things on time. The website says this:

**Early access to Suros Arsenal Pack is available starting 15.09.15. Suros Arsenal Pack can be attained by pre-order and purchase of any physical edition of Destiny: The Taken King.

Will this be a code that is emailed to you? Or a code in the box? I asked in store today and the guy said it will be a code in the box but he also tried to tell me that the Vanguard pack and Suros pack were the same thing so I'm not 100% convinced. Anyone hear anything from their retailers about this?

Caporegime
I wonder when that female robot stranger is going to make a re-appearance or when they will they us more about the Traveller. Loads of stuff in the first story that they haven't really mentioned since.

Soldato
Yeah you earn Vanguard and Crucible rep at the moment, but not marks.

Morning moment, I meant vanguard marks. Shame you can't add to them as so few short :(

I tried out my PC+1 it still has some solid range on it, its just not as crazy as before.

I was finding mine hit and miss last night. I think partly due to being used to the range and power of them in crucible before. I think once we have got used to how they handle they will be alright though I do wonder if fusion rifles may be a better choice.

I don't understand that because the last few slots with the asc energy are all to do with increasing attack power. So if you max it out with the marks then what's the point with the last column of slots?

Anyway, I'm not too hung up about it - there are bound to be better weapons out there that make Murmur redundant anyway. Especially as it's a year 1 weapon. :p

Best way to imagine it is that ascending increases the base stats to the max for year 1. The last 3 slots increase damage, it used to be unupgrade was 300 but maxxed was 330 (extra 30 damage). Once ascending its base was 335 but maxxed was 365 (still extra 30 damage).

Man of Honour
I don't understand that because the last few slots with the asc energy are all to do with increasing attack power. So if you max it out with the marks then what's the point with the last column of slots?

If you max it out with the marks you're maxing out the potential damage (170 rather than 152 I think), you still have to put the effort it to actually increase the damage to those new levels.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Damn. No Simply Games delivery for today! (Shipped yesterday.)

Oh well, guess I'd better just get some work done instead. At least I won't feel so bad skiving to play when it's a Friday. That is, of course, if it arrives tomorrow.

(By that I mean playing the previous expansions. Until now I've only had the base game.)

I've ordered from there too but I emailed them about 4:30 ish to ask them to cancel the order so I could get it from PSN. I saw your post about it being shipped later in the evening so I checked again and mine was shipped to so I assume they were only picked up last night or this morning for shipping.

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow so I can get myself up to speed for when TTK unlocks. I think I was a lvl29 hunter before I gave up on Destiny.

Soldato
I wonder when that female robot stranger is going to make a re-appearance or when they will they us more about the Traveller. Loads of stuff in the first story that they haven't really mentioned since.

I heard Cade say in the Tower "I've heard the Traveller has only a year or so left"....not sure if it's a new bit of dialogue or not. Teaser for Destiny 2?

Soldato
Yeah there's not a lot to do this week that will reward you, I think all you've got is :

1) Nightfall and weekly heroic
2) Bounties
3) Crucible (seems to be blue drops only, but might save you a few bits of glimmer on a new ghost)
4) Gunsmith test tasks
5) Subclass quests (don't complete them if you want the emblem)

FYI I did the weekly heroic at 32 and wondering why it was such a slog.....then realised I didn't have the new Ghost on and one of my weapons wasn't 170 light so I was pretty underlevelled.

Soldato
I was finding mine hit and miss last night. I think partly due to being used to the range and power of them in crucible before. I think once we have got used to how they handle they will be alright though I do wonder if fusion rifles may be a better choice.

Something like Plan C should be very nice with its stupidly tight cone pattern. Tried a bit of the IB Fusion last night in Patrol and it felt nice. Vex also feels a lot better.

On the mention of the Vex has anyone tried it out in PvP yet?

Sorry I didn't respond to the invite last night, was running subclass stuff with the Mrs. Her Titan went from level 33 to level 34 stupidly quickly. I hope we don't go from 34 - 40 this quick as I am talking level 2-3 quick...

Soldato
Who knows. I think as long as you progress through the levels pretty much as you go through the new missions, strikes and do some bounties and stuff I'm fine with it not being too arduous.

Speaking of fusions....doing that gunsmith Omolon fusion test in crucible was like torture. Slowed charge time EVER.

Looks and sounds pretty funky though :)

Soldato
I was trying out lots of guns last night in crucible trying to find one I liked. I went through Thorn, Hawkmoon, Vex, Suros Regime, Messenger, Spare Change, Red death and Mida. None of them felt particularly better than the others but one night obviously isn't conclusive. Specifically for the vex though, I liked it and is now a serious contender against exotics HC's.

Man of Honour
I found myself using Suros a lot last night, it felt nearly as good as it did pre-nerf, really enjoyable to use. I need to level up my Hard Light as I got destroyed by that a few times, and the bounce rounds make defending points on some maps interesting as you bounce the bullets around corners.

The Vex was okay I thought but a little hit and miss. I managed some decent kill streaks with it but I think Suros outclassed it a little tbh.

Soldato
Mida Tool is a beast, the damage is slightly higher (57headshots, think it was 55/56) but with Thorn not being so dangerous I was able to easily pick off a few people while strafing around. I wasn't a fan of the Summoner, the damage was a bit low for me, Suro seemed to work better, I was getting 30~ headshots and the slower shooting meant it was all headshots.

I didn't use a single HC but I may try TLW if I'm playing serious matches as it goes best with a sniper.

Soldato
I just carried on using Thorn and party crasher and managed 33 kills (17 kill streak) on one map. Red Death was okay but I thought Vex was a bit hit and miss, too. TLC felt strange so will need to reacquaint myself with it as I'm sure it can still be a beast.

Haven't used Hard Light or Bad Juju yet but I certainly hear good things.

Caporegime
1 gun stands out above all else for me.

first match using it i got 35 kills and a 2.38 K/D on rift with 4 captures/carries.

So i wasn't stat whoring and just going for kills i was going for the objective.

Red Death > all

Soldato
Anyone else noticed how slow Crucible is now? All the games I'm playing seem to drag on, seems people are being very cautious with their new loadouts.

Back
Top Bottom