*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Question about exotic weapons. I've seen loads of people on Xbox running around with 280 Hawkmoons etc, I thought only a few weapons for year 2 upgrades?

I know they can infuse old exotics but would have taken ages.

Also PS guys, where does Hawkmoons drop, anywhere?

Hawkmoon is now avaliable on Xbox so either they got very lucky and it dropped from Nightfall or something.

Or they got the Year 1 hawkmoon in the Deceptive green engram and then paid 150 legendary marks for the Y2 version.

Soldato
Really tempted to nip out and buy the legendary edition.

I played destiny at launch and hit the soft cap, finished the "story" but then stopped. So never played the other addons either.

If i buy this version what will happen when i turn it on? Will it point me towards the last few expansions etc and i work through from there?

Or would i be best off restarting all together?

Caporegime
Someone give us a clue. :p On the Stag helmet, what does "Chance to spawn with overshield" mean? I've died about twenty times since wearing it and I've not noticed a blue health bar once. Is the chance something silly like 1 in 50 times LOL.

Man of Honour
Really tempted to nip out and buy the legendary edition.

I played destiny at launch and hit the soft cap, finished the "story" but then stopped. So never played the other addons either.

If i buy this version what will happen when i turn it on? Will it point me towards the last few expansions etc and i work through from there?

Or would i be best off restarting all together?
I'd be very tempted to start again. They've reworked how the story is done by using quests, so starting again would let you see how they've reworked it. Destiny has changed so much since the start it'll be like a new game anyway.

Soldato
I'd be very tempted to start again. They've reworked how the story is done by using quests, so starting again would let you see how they've reworked it. Destiny has changed so much since the start it'll be like a new game anyway.

sounds good may go for it then! if the digital price was a bit better it would be a perfect game to have saved on the hdd, but think ill go get the disc

Caporegime
Ok dumb questions incoming :p

1. Amidoingitrite?? As in everytime I get a new weapon, armour etc, the one I'm using I dismantle right?? As I'm trying to increase my light level. Or should I hang onto those lower damage/light armour and weapons??

2. Glimmer no longer drops when u kill a yellow boss in a quest or just patrolling around?? Also having killed the zealot that spawns, are u not meant get something good from it??

3. Do I have to complete all the quests?? And when I do then are more going to appear?? I know in the last 2 DLC's once u finished off the storylines, you then went to get daily bounties etc etc.

4. What is this 3 of coins?? I bought one which has got 5 of them. How do I use and when?? I ended up buying young ahamkara's spine from Xur.

As I said dumb questions that have me a tad confused.

Soldato
Ok dumb questions incoming :p

1. Amidoingitrite?? As in everytime I get a new weapon, armour etc, the one I'm using I dismantle right?? As I'm trying to increase my light level. Or should I hang onto those lower damage/light armour and weapons??

Wear your highest light item, if you get a great legendary but with low light, keep it. You can infuse higher light items to increase a lower light item.
3. Do I have to complete all the quests?? And when I do then are more going to appear?? I know in the last 2 DLC's once u finished off the storylines, you then went to get daily bounties etc etc.

I would, its a lot of fun, and when I was done I was Light lv220. After your done you get a tonne of side quests, I would do them all, some give you some good items, and legendary marks. I'm still doing the side quests and I'm light 245~.
4. What is this 3 of coins?? I bought one which has got 5 of them. How do I use and when?? I ended up buying young ahamkara's spine from Xur.
As I said dumb questions that have me a tad confused.[/QUOTE]

This link posted by Fr0dders should explain everything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3lf47x/how_to_use_three_of_coins_effectively/

Soldato
2. Glimmer no longer drops when u kill a yellow boss in a quest or just patrolling around?? Also having killed the zealot that spawns, are u not meant get something good from it??

I thought it did? I’m sure I have seen it dropping killing yellow bars. I don’t know if it is every time you defeat a zealot but get a passage coin for the Court of Oryx. There appears to be different ones for the different levels. I don’t yet know much about the Court of Oryx so can’t comment further on it.

Caporegime
Wear your highest light item, if you get a great legendary but with low light, keep it. You can infuse higher light items to increase a lower light item.

I would, its a lot of fun, and when I was done I was Light lv220. After your done you get a tonne of side quests, I would do them all, some give you some good items, and legendary marks. I'm still doing the side quests and I'm light 245~.

As I said dumb questions that have me a tad confused.

This link posted by Fr0dders should explain everything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3lf47x/how_to_use_three_of_coins_effectively/[/QUOTE]

Cheers mate, guess I'm doing it right then so far :p. So basically I should stock up on plenty of heavy ammo packs, got about 40 of them and get as many 3 of coins as possible right?? I've got 240 coins to spend lol.

Caporegime
I thought it did? I’m sure I have seen it dropping killing yellow bars. I don’t know if it is every time you defeat a zealot but get a passage coin for the Court of Oryx. There appears to be different ones for the different levels. I don’t yet know much about the Court of Oryx so can’t comment further on it.

I haven't see any glimmer dropping when killing yellow bars, but then I'm doing quests so perhaps they aren't dropping in the quests but I don't think they are dropping even in other activities. For instance I was on the moon doing a bounty there the other night and I had to kill 10 majors, killed all 10 but no glimmer.

I recall one of my xbox buddies saying you can't farm for glimmer, so all those black wax idols, ether seeds etc are of no use??

Back
Top Bottom