• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Calling all Gurus, I'm in desperate help here, please come in and help regarding GPU issues.

Associate
Luc, Iv'e literally drained and filled this loop more than a dozen times in the last week..all I can say is thank god I put a drain valve in the loop and it works so effectively lol.

So true!!!! When I started watercooling, I didn't install any sort of drain solution....I quickly learn it was a bad idea lolll.

Ok guys, pump/res combo detached from case, held on to it and tested, still black screening under test. Oddly tjough, when I drop the core mhz by 100, no black screens. These cards were doing 1150mhz for fun on air previously so I know it's not the cards. I ran 950mhz on core and no black screens.

30c to 35c on the core, 41c vrm1 and 57 on vrm2.

Maybe the pump and the higher frequency interfering somehow? I don't know, just randomly guessing here lol. ocuk sent out a new pump this evening so will get that in the loop tomorrow night and see what's what.

This is such a weird issue! At least we will know if the pump is the culprit with the new one in place soon.

Soldato
OP
Yep totally strange issue indeed luc. it's definitely linked to the pump as we've established, but why does it black screen on DP only when using a core clock higher than 950mhz when I was running 1150mhz on core on air??? Not one black screen back then, but now it's 50c cooler it black screens lol. mayhems pastel must be non conductive right for coolant?

Strange. pump has to sort it tomorrow, surely.

Last edited:
Soldato
I could be wrong but any coolant will become conductive after a while but there shouldn't be anything to leak current into it.

So unless there's a problem with the pump the EMF thing is more likely. Assuming lower clocks on a card equate to a lower dp signal clock preventing any interferance :confused:.

(I might be making a theory out of nothing here :D)

Last edited:
Underboss
Lol you're GG dons! ;) must remember not to type on my phone, not having the auto correct on kills me.

Crispy knows what he is.

Tony get it done tonight, tomorrow is frag fest Friday!

Soldato
Lol you're GG dons! ;) must remember not to type on my phone, not having the auto correct on kills me.

Crispy knows what he is.

Tony get it done tonight, tomorrow is frag fest Friday!

I know, I know, but don't push the poor fellow - it has been a torrid time.

Soldato
OP
GREAT NEWS GUYS

ISSUE IS FIXED :) :)

new pump in, just ran an hour test of Valley and an hour of Heaven, no black screens on Display Port woo hoo. So so good, highest temp on gpus was 37c on GPU1 and 35c on GPU2 :)

I'm so happy

Last edited:
Associate
GREAT NEWS GUYS

new pump in, just ran an hour test of Valley and an hour of Heaven, no black screens on Display Port woo hoo. So so good, highest temp on gpus was 37c on GPU1 and 35c on GPU :)

I'm so happy

nice, man. congrats.

I just wonder what that other pump had against Display Port :(

Caporegime
Lol.

No update yet, just got in the door from hard day slog. Give me a few hours to shower, eat, fit the new pump and fill her up. Might not be trying till tomorrow now....will try my hardest to get it all done tonight though.

Sod the wife, get yer pump fitted :p

GREAT NEWS GUYS

new pump in, just ran an hour test of Valley and an hour of Heaven, no black screens on Display Port woo hoo. So so good, highest temp on gpus was 37c on GPU1 and 35c on GPU :)

I'm so happy

Great news :)

Soldato
OP
thx guys. I would love to know as well, what on earth was wrong with the other pump to only screw around my Display Port. Strange, must have been a very peculiar set of circumstances indeed.

I'm chuffed to bits now, looking lovely in the lounge. Now I got a day of installing all my programs and games again lol.

Thank you all so much for the massive support in this, couldn't have got through it without all your help.

Take a bow all. My dad will be so pleased :) Feels like I've completed his wish :)

Last edited:
Associate
GREAT NEWS GUYS

new pump in, just ran an hour test of Valley and an hour of Heaven, no black screens on Display Port woo hoo. So so good, highest temp on gpus was 37c on GPU1 and 35c on GPU2 :)

I'm so happy

Yessssssssssss

I'm really happy that you can finally enjoy your build!!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom