Midlife Crisis, am I having one?...

Man of Honour
I got to mid 30's and started to buy stuff I wanted, it's what us blokes do. BMX, home computers from the early 80's, Big Tracks, Crossfire, Vectrex. Rights of passage.

Caporegime
I got to mid 30's and started to buy stuff I wanted, it's what us blokes do. BMX, home computers from the early 80's, Big Tracks, Crossfire, Vectrex. Rights of passage.

Not so much home computers, but I am 35 and have a yearning to buy some of the consoles that were out of my reach as a child like the Neo Geo and Amiga CD32.

Caporegime
Not so much home computers, but I am 35 and have a yearning to buy some of the consoles that were out of my reach as a child like the Neo Geo and Amiga CD32.

not sure the amiga 32 appeals - PC games were getting alright by the time that thing was out...

the Neo Geo though - I remember kids talking about that console at school... seemed like it was the ultimate console at the time... proper arcade games - yet no one in my school ever got to own one AFAIK

these days you can get a new version of it with a bunch of games included:

http://neogeox.com/

Associate
...because i am in my 40's and I want, a BMX... :eek:: (seriously)

Jay

Do it.

And post some videos of you wheelying for 6" and bunnyhopping a fraction of an inch before collapsing and laying on your back panting exhausted in the playground whilst the youfs circle you and your bike before removing your wallet, watch, phone. For some inexplicable reason they leave your trainers.

LzR

LzR

Associate
OP
Had a Raleigh Super Tuff Burner then a PK Ripper in the 80s. Wish I had kept it, they cost a small fortune now.
See this is it, i had a super tuff burner in all its golden 'skyway' glory, i want it again, badly :eek:
Oh my, Big Track, you got me going now...

If you intend to ride it, yes. If you want a minter for show in your man cave, not so much.

Remember - you won't bounce as well now as you did then.
I didn't bounce well back then, but i kinda liked that? ...

If you want something fun to ride, get a mistress instead.
Oh i have ridden way too many of those, i'm thinkin break neck speeds on retro hardware is safer?

Jay

LzR

LzR

Associate
OP
Do it.

And post some videos of you wheelying for 6" and bunnyhopping a fraction of an inch before collapsing and laying on your back panting exhausted in the playground whilst the youfs circle you and your bike before removing your wallet, watch, phone. For some inexplicable reason they leave your trainers.
Just brilliant, i think i might just do that :)

Jay

Back
Top Bottom