Midlife Crisis, am I having one?...

Soldato
I started with flatland when I was still in school but never got any good, soon started to 180 off of curbs which then progressed to street riding, done some ok things some of which scared the life out of me at the time lol, but nothing like the videos we used to watch constantly.

Now I just drive down to the skate park and flow about not really doing much but the odd wall ride and 360. Just like flowing about really lol.

Associate
I ... errr... bought an Apple //c with monitor last week-end. W00ps.

I'm 45, started programming at 13 or so on IIe, //c etc, and never and the space to have a 'proper' oldies desk; now I can, have the spare cash.. so why not..

Pretty tame too, my wife probably prefers that to a motorbike + 25yo blond dumbo :)

Associate
I had one of these, never really did any BMXing.

I had a women's fur coat collar wrapped around the rear seat upright bars. My chums would sit on the back and hold on for a seater. Classy I know.

ChopperScan25.jpg

Soldato
I had one of these - flaming prismatic exhaust baby!

F2bsz3M.jpg

In other news I'm currently eyeing up old school Scalextric on Ebay. The wife simply rolls here eyes nowadays :D

Associate
my oldest son has a bmx I do pinch a shot of it back and forth... its great having kids :D

when I was younger we were more into dirt bikes. we've just placed a deposit on one for my son.
Im now looking for a cheapo for me. just so it can be a father son thing of course..

Associate
Midlife Crisis here at 44, Bought my first ever motorcycle (125cc) and did 3000 miles as a learner and then passed my full motorcycle test beginning of the month. Sadly no money to upgrade to something more powerful since trying to buy a house.

Caporegime
I had one of these - flaming prismatic exhaust baby!

F2bsz3M.jpg

In other news I'm currently eyeing up old school Scalextric on Ebay. The wife simply rolls here eyes nowadays :D

Snap! I had that special edition as well. Mint condition originals of them are worth a fortune now, over £2,500 and my mum gave mine away :(

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I had Grifter.

This is bike people make when they have 300ton of left over scaffold tubes and decide to make a bike.

Oh and those special gears that stop working after 1.5miles.

Caporegime
I had Grifter.

This is bike people make when they have 300ton of left over scaffold tubes and decide to make a bike.

Oh and those special gears that stop working after 1.5miles.

IT was basically mods and rockers where I lived. You had the kids who had grifters and the kids who had choppers.

The grifter kids looked down on the chopper kids cause their parents couldnt afford grifters :p

Back
Top Bottom