OCUK's new website

Sgarrista
Commissario
I'll be honest, it puts me off buying from ocuk again.

A website needs to be immediately appealing, and frankly its not.

It's unorganized, messy, random bits thrown at you left right and center, information on products is poorly layed out. Having to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find out if the price is inc or ex vat is a joke.

The colors need work, dark blues on blacks is not easy to read, reds on greys, also cause eye strain, random mashes of highlights put where they simply shouldn't be.

Once I get into a product category, again, random not useful information thrown at you left right and center.

A very poor update to the site.

Soldato
Bit extreme to say you're put off buying from OCUK. Surely the CS is worth it alone.

The grey expandable sections at the bottom need to be put down then buried many feet under though.

Soldato
Very nasty.
The previous site looked a lot more polished and professional.

That silver tab/category bar does not blend what so ever.
The top OcUK logo has a almost wood effect black background - Then "metallic" silver bar - hounded by too much going on with the background product placement - Then it is matt grey below. It's very poor. Not trying to be a ****, just being honest. It doesn't flow and my OCD nitpicking annoying brain is going loopy at it.

Even without the horrible background like this below example i chucked in paint, then do something with silver nav bar and get rid of the horrible red bordering. Would be much nicer and less headache causing -

nPwe11i.jpg

Soldato
Clean, not too much going on, follows suit across the page.

The reason I asked is because when you really think about it, people use "I like" and "professional" interchangeably.

It doesn't look unprofessional, because that isn't really a look outside of it being an utter mess (from an objective perspective).

Instead, it just seems people preferred the previous layout.

That's not to say it's above criticism, as it certainly isn't. There's plenty I would change but I really don't think it lacks professionalism as that doesn't really make any sense.

Associate
To busy looking not easy on the eye.
The % off in red looks more like the customer rating of the item.
Red text = warning. At least put the words save next to it.
You have items marked with 1% off, £10 off would have looked better.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very nasty.
The previous site looked a lot more polished and professional.

That silver tab/category bar does not blend what so ever.
The top OcUK logo has a almost wood effect black background - Then "metallic" silver bar - hounded by too much going on with the background product placement - Then it is matt grey below. It's very poor. Not trying to be a ****, just being honest. It doesn't flow and my OCD nitpicking annoying brain is going loopy at it.

Even without the horrible background like this below example i chucked in paint, then do something with silver nav bar and get rid of the horrible red bordering. Would be much nicer and less headache causing -

What's with all the dramatic language in this thread? Very nasty? Horrible? Very poor?

Are you a person who claims the mundane is "amazing"? You very much seem to be.

Soldato
why is the site still unoptimised for widescreen monitors :confused:

Because the chances are they're using older software that has none of the widescreen implementations built in. I would expect they've just reskinned whatever e-commerce software they've been using for however long so as not to have to do a very extensive overhaul.

Back
Top Bottom