NZXT LAUNCHES HUE+ Digital Lighting Controller + FREE Giveaway Competition

Associate
NZXT brings PC lighting to the next level with HUE+
Easy-to-use, highly customizable, digital interface-driven

A bit of an update on a product which we launched today... the HUE+, the all new digital lighting controller. This takes over from the previous generation HUE which utilised a 5.25" bay. This new edition, can be installed in a 2.5" HDD/SDD bay for a smaller footprint, and can be fully controlled via CAM 2.0 (FREE Download) application.

Overclockers is a launch partner, and the HUE+ is available to pre-order for £47.99

I think this is going to be a bit of a marmite product as us brits do like conservative styling :D However IMHO for those of you looking for a more subtle lighting option, its also completely possible with this product despite the images showing it displaying all singing and dancing effects. There is genuinely more to this product than meets the eye.

So in addition to being able to display every colour under the sun, it also allows lighting effects to sync with:

• CPU Temp
  • GPU Temp
  • In game FPS (pretty neat)
  • Audio volume

Also within each of the custom modes there are many different settings for manual effects and timing.

The kit includes 3m of LED strips, which can be placed in your steel case with ease. Its very simple to use. Power is via a single molex connector.

:D:D:D GIVEAWAY :D:D:D
As this is best show first hand, If an overclockers active forum member who is genuinely interested in the product wants to create a video showing their user experience and have a play with the product let me know, I have one to give away. Just let me know why you like the product and reference any other reviews or feedback you have given in the forums, or simply get other forum member to voucher for you

Thoughts and questions welcome Guys and Gals!

Last edited:
Associate
Evening John!,

I have to say, my eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store when i saw this post on the forums.

I seem to have become a bit of an NZXT addict recently and this would make for a very nice hat trick to put next to the Grid+ V2 and the Kraken X61 i have running.

Its been a while since I have done any reviews but i would love to give it a pop if you are interested in giving me a chance.

here was a review i put up a while back for the Acer Revo:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18375202

Funnily enough I just ripped out a set of imported remote lights from my case (carbide 540 windowed) and would be nice to see what this can really do! (running with a black and orange theme at the moment however having some more colour choices could really jazz this up!)

Ill keep my fingers crossed and hope I can put together a fair and detailed review for you if you like.

Added a couple of quick snaps with my Galaxy S6 "Potato cam".

Ill dig out the DSLR in a while and actually put some decent images up of the system these lights could be reviewed in. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I would love to give that a go also, though my systems are nothing fancy. And I have never done a review as such before.

I have a Phanteks Mini XL (my humble signature system) which is my daily use PC, and to be honest, it could do with a bit of blinging up!
So I would love to use it in the Phanteks Mini XL, as I have been wanting to get an RGB strip for this since purchase, but no idea how many meters it needs, it's a large case and needs a lot of management to keep the LED's hidden and case evenly lit, I expect.
I have been meaning to do some work on that anyway, as I want to put a different PSU and another GPU for crossfire in there also.

I'm still to complete building an NZXT S340 in white that due to a motherboard mishap some time back was on the back burner, my lads are laying claim to this, though this most likely will not be running until after Xmas. I have used a Phobya RGB lighting system with remote control, it is currently in the NZXT case but the Phobya unit is rather cheap and basic with a 30cm strip, kids love it and the remote whereas I am thinking it will not last.

I like the idea of a little hub that is easy to locate within the case, pretty intrigued with the ability to control this via the desktop and what custom settings it has, the temperature controlled variation sounds interesting.

Last edited:
Associate
I just heard about the product this morning and its definitely on my to buy list once it becomes available. I am a sucker for RGB lighting, so much so that my friends and family think rather immaturely of me sometimes when they enter my room. But i don't own a Razer product so I believe i'm not too bad.

This product looks promising to me because I have grown to trust NZXT as a quality brand having a number of their products in my pc build. But I have always held off buying the standard HUE because the control panel was not something i particularly enjoyed the look of nor found as practical as using software. As a CAM 2.0 user here with my Kraken X41 i am delighted that the HUE+ will be controllable with the software. I don't need to download anything extra plus I get to use a program which I really like already.

I'm a new forum member and haven't been able to post a review yet but I have reviewed electronics in the past on YouTube and you have my assurance that I can provide a quality video review/overview. (Somebody kind, please vouch for me, I am a poor student :( ).

I love playing around with LED's and lighting, here is an infinity mirror effect I "modded" into my NZXT Phantom case here and here.

So I'm kind of an NZXT fanboy, a lighting enthusiast (but don't judge me by those quick snapshot images, its 1am right now) and like to get a little bit creative every now and then. I'm probably the last person you'd want to send this to because then you will be missing out on a guaranteed sale!

But i'd do fine job if you do choose me and i'm sure anybody with the same amount of enthusiasm and excitement for the HUE+ will do also.

Best of luck to everybody interested!

Associate
I am currently working on an msi amd themed build with custom loop and msi dragon detailing. I read about this a while back and my eyes lit up. Seems a really nice bit of kit. Think I will grab one of these for my phanteks enthoo luxe case as it can complement the external rgb lighting well.

Be interesting to do a full review on this and really experiment with what different themes and atmospheres this can create. I'll be posting a build log and video here in my build.

Love to see what others can do also.

Soldato
I'd love the chance to do a video review! I've got a B&W build at the moment that could use a splash of colour... alternatively my daughter would love it as part of Project Princess - changing colours would keep her entertained (and thus give me more time for gaming) for hours! :D

Soldato
I'd be interested in doing a review for this product. I've been interested in LEDs and control electronics for a while now. I'd be interested to take a look at how this controller works and interfaces with the host PC.

I've done a review or two...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18428643

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18403994

Also a few modding tutorials, image and video based plus some electronics videos related to a fan controller I developed a while back...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18421145

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18421145

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18295976

Associate
I think that you should let this old dog have a go, registered since 2003

Been a member of the forums since the Pentium III days, I bought a retro lian li/koolance case that I have had a myriad of issues with trying to get it to work.

Literally just have it up and running, and the lights, are sub-par. Please let me take these on for a unique retro-build.

The video will be comical, I have a pretty strong west country accent, its bound to come out mid-vid. This could erm, improve overclockers relations with the southerner’s!

726cd00f_01f2_4c7f_ba27_6ebc0aa89f27.jpg

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the entries guys, great to see your keen! I will leave this open to entries a week, then probably allow users to vote for the preferred entry to make it as fair as possible. I may even try to get another unit or 2 if the entries are good.

Thought 'hue' was a Philips lighting brand, which also uses multi coloured LEDs ? Lawsuit :D

Just a comment on this, in fact the original HUE was released by NZXT some time ago, before the Phillips product existed... :eek:

For a deeper dive on the HUE+, check out this video:

Associate
I'm thinking getting the dremel out and cutting some smoked plexi shapes, designs and logos and creating something animated within the case! Something that was only previously possible with creating your own electronic circuitry.

I would love to do a review on this product and a guide on creating amazing lighting setups, animated lighting and themes for PC builds. Scouring the internet their doesn't seem to be any good resources on this other than your basic light strip guides. I'm sure there are a ton of people out there would love to put that finishing, professional touch to their build and stand up there proud with some of the more classy cases seen at shows!

For my personal rig was thinking of cutting out the msi dragon from front of the case, adding some black smoked plexi and lighting from behind to create a red dragon that breathes different orange and reds to emulate fire! Maybe to give an indicator to CPU/GPU temps, certainly be lot more fun than any LCD screen readout!

Associate
I do have a question about this. What rgb strips are compatible? Would it be any or just the ones that come from nzxt?

And also what power does this draw at full load?

EDIT: Also I can't wait to get my hands on this so I'll order one tomorrow. So my vote goes to the old dog zeegy. Love seeing old school builds being revived and plus I just really want to hear his accent now! ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
They look like RGB LED addressable strips to me. The chip you can see looks like it controls a RGB LED to its left and one to its right, this is fairly common and could well be based on the ubiquitous HL-1606 chip

Associate
Watched the review on AwesomeSauce. Has some caveats but looks good. Don't know if i'd fork out the cash though with how it is at the moment. My main issue would be that the light on the main unit stays on even when your PC is powered down...odd.

Associate
OP
I do have a question about this. What rgb strips are compatible? Would it be any or just the ones that come from nzxt?

These only support the NZXT ones... the connector is custom, and any other light strip could cause damage to the unit or worse. Additional strips will be available as an addon.

And also what power does this draw at full load?

Each strip has 10 LED and a total power draw of 3W. There are 4 included in the box, so 24W at max draw

Watched the review on AwesomeSauce. Has some caveats but looks good. Don't know if i'd fork out the cash though with how it is at the moment. My main issue would be that the light on the main unit stays on even when your PC is powered down...odd.

In explanation basically this unit is plugged into a USB header. If your USB is kept live when you PC if powered down, as is the case if you have wake from keyboard on for example, this will keep power on the HUE+ when the PC is shutdown so it can be disabled at the cost of wake on keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom