NZXT LAUNCHES HUE+ Digital Lighting Controller + FREE Giveaway Competition

Associate
OP
OK GUYS...Unfortunately I cant see an easy way to run a poll in the forums, so need to go old school. Please reply with you proffered winner, I will pick it up in a week and send one out. In the absence of a clear favourite, I will pick one but wanted to make it as fair as possible :D

Simply reply with the user

• Aikon359
  • weebl
  • Cyanide
  • Tealc
  • zeegy
  • bioshockeruk

Let me know if I missed one :eek:

Evening John!,

I have to say, my eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store when i saw this post on the forums.

I seem to have become a bit of an NZXT addict recently and this would make for a very nice hat trick to put next to the Grid+ V2 and the Kraken X61 i have running.

Its been a while since I have done any reviews but i would love to give it a pop if you are interested in giving me a chance.

here was a review i put up a while back for the Acer Revo:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18375202

Funnily enough I just ripped out a set of imported remote lights from my case (carbide 540 windowed) and would be nice to see what this can really do! (running with a black and orange theme at the moment however having some more colour choices could really jazz this up!)

Ill keep my fingers crossed and hope I can put together a fair and detailed review for you if you like.

I just heard about the product this morning and its definitely on my to buy list once it becomes available. I am a sucker for RGB lighting, so much so that my friends and family think rather immaturely of me sometimes when they enter my room. But i don't own a Razer product so I believe i'm not too bad.

This product looks promising to me because I have grown to trust NZXT as a quality brand having a number of their products in my pc build. But I have always held off buying the standard HUE because the control panel was not something i particularly enjoyed the look of nor found as practical as using software. As a CAM 2.0 user here with my Kraken X41 i am delighted that the HUE+ will be controllable with the software. I don't need to download anything extra plus I get to use a program which I really like already.

I'm a new forum member and haven't been able to post a review yet but I have reviewed electronics in the past on YouTube and you have my assurance that I can provide a quality video review/overview. (Somebody kind, please vouch for me, I am a poor student :( ).

I love playing around with LED's and lighting, here is an infinity mirror effect I "modded" into my NZXT Phantom case here and here.

So I'm kind of an NZXT fanboy, a lighting enthusiast (but don't judge me by those quick snapshot images, its 1am right now) and like to get a little bit creative every now and then. I'm probably the last person you'd want to send this to because then you will be missing out on a guaranteed sale!

But i'd do fine job if you do choose me and i'm sure anybody with the same amount of enthusiasm and excitement for the HUE+ will do also.

Best of luck to everybody interested!

I'd love the chance to do a video review! I've got a B&W build at the moment that could use a splash of colour... alternatively my daughter would love it as part of Project Princess - changing colours would keep her entertained (and thus give me more time for gaming) for hours! :D

Just to reinforce my entry -

I'd be interested in doing a review for this product. I've been interested in LEDs and control electronics for a while now. I'd be interested to take a look at how this controller works and interfaces with the host PC.

I've done a review or two...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18428643

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18403994

Also a few modding tutorials, image and video based plus some electronics videos related to a fan controller I developed a while back...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18421145

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18421145

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18295976

I think that you should let this old dog have a go, registered since 2003

Been a member of the forums since the Pentium III days, I bought a retro lian li/koolance case that I have had a myriad of issues with trying to get it to work.

Literally just have it up and running, and the lights, are sub-par. Please let me take these on for a unique retro-build.

The video will be comical, I have a pretty strong west country accent, its bound to come out mid-vid. This could erm, improve overclockers relations with the southerner’s!

726cd00f_01f2_4c7f_ba27_6ebc0aa89f27.jpg

I am currently working on an msi amd themed build with custom loop and msi dragon detailing. I read about this a while back and my eyes lit up. Seems a really nice bit of kit. Think I will grab one of these for my phanteks enthoo luxe case as it can complement the external rgb lighting well.

Be interesting to do a full review on this and really experiment with what different themes and atmospheres this can create. I'll be posting a build log and video here in my build.

Love to see what others can do also.

Continued...
I'm thinking getting the dremel out and cutting some smoked plexi shapes, designs and logos and creating something animated within the case! Something that was only previously possible with creating your own electronic circuitry.

I would love to do a review on this product and a guide on creating amazing lighting setups, animated lighting and themes for PC builds. Scouring the internet their doesn't seem to be any good resources on this other than your basic light strip guides. I'm sure there are a ton of people out there would love to put that finishing, professional touch to their build and stand up there proud with some of the more classy cases seen at shows!

For my personal rig was thinking of cutting out the msi dragon from front of the case, adding some black smoked plexi and lighting from behind to create a red dragon that breathes different orange and reds to emulate fire! Maybe to give an indicator to CPU/GPU temps, certainly be lot more fun than any LCD screen readout!

Last edited:
Associate
OK GUYS...Unfortunately I cant see an easy way to run a poll in the forums, so need to go old school. Please reply with you proffered winner.

Hi there,

I would like to retract my name from the competition, not ideally set up for doing a video review, and my scottish accent is way too incoherent! :D

If the review that does win is amusing enough I may well buy one in future, I still have an white NZXT S340 with a Gigabyte Force Z97 motherboard to work with after Xmas, the RGB lighting is not something I am in a hurry for, though I think the HUE would be a better option for the Mini XL, I am sure the HUE could be added to the panel at the HDD bays making it visible through the smaller side window, but a forum review or part of a build log would be more suited to me, I admit it, I have just chickened out of doing a video review :o

I will vote for zeegy though.

I like the older less bling builds, the promise of a stong west country accent, and attempt to bridge some possible southern divide intrigues me, as does the ability of the HUE to integrate into a more retro-esque build as zeegy has.

Good luck zeegy!

Last edited:
Associate
I'm currently converting my gaming PC into a HTPC setup (with Kodi, Steam Big Picture, HyperSpin... etc) and putting it in the TV cabinet.

This would appear to have a potential additional use for the build - ambient TV lighting. LED strips could be placed on the back of the TV with some software to work out the correct lighting colour for the strips. I'd love to take a shot at writing some software to do just that - but I'd have to actually get my hands on this to establish feasibility (I'd be interested on hearing NZXT's opinion on this). If the configuration files/settings are somehow accessible, I can do the rest in a couple of hours.

4 strips, one for each side of the TV would allow me to be get at least some directional to the colours.

Happy to document any experiences of this - would make a fantastic HTPC build, for sure.

(I don't have any reviews, or anyone to vouch for me - I've got kid #2 on the way with #1 causing chaos, so any free time is fleeting.. May just end up buying this if the lights configuration settings are accessible, as it'd be a great ambilight-style solution)

Last edited:
Associate
I have the original Hue in mine and my daughters machines, (I'm like a magpie when it comes to RGB) my only complaint is that the glue could be better.

Associate
I super excited about this! Can't wait to see who wins. Fingers crossed. I think it's the software control solution that sold it for me and I saw a video on YouTube showing control of individual leds!!! That is awesome. Oh the possibilities...

Associate
Where's the recommended place to put the LED strips in the s340?

My opinion is that a short strip along the roof above the window, and below the window on the PSU shroud looks great, my preference is a single strip on the roof though as it does not take a lot to illuminate and you rarely benefit from the lower strip.

Associate
This new one uses magnets or 3M double sided tape so should solve the issue :D

RE my earlier post - it would be great if these worked like an ambilight/tv backlight system...

It would be even better if there was API for the LEDs - I would buy them in an instant if I could program them myself. Any chance of this?

Back
Top Bottom