**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Iphones "Usage time" is not the same as Androids "Screen on time".

They calculate usage which means it counts what goes on whilst the screen is off too. So if your listening to music with your phone , it will contribute to the usage time even though the screens off.

Quoted for truth

Associate
Have now had 6p for about ten days, got to say I am bitterly disappointed in battery life and think I will be sending it back. I do a job where I can spend a long time away from a power socket and endurance is key for me. I really thought the 3450mah battery would be good enough, but looks like the SD810 is the power hog that had been mentioned before. Will go back to the note 4 and probably wait for the SD820 devices now.

Soldato
The only way to have a fair comparison is to have the same person use the 2 phones on the same network and do exactly the same thing throughout the day. So many factors in battery life.

My dad has the iPhone 6.and it ain't that hot on the battery life department.

Is usage on the iPhone measuring with the screen on or does it take into account screen off usage too like music playback?

Even that is tough, I use my Nexus 6p way more then my iPhone 6s since I don't need a tablet as much.

Battery life I would say there about the same with a slight edge too the 6p. The 6p also charges crazy fast which is really nice. Honestly I think the future might just be super fast charging with similar battery life.

You scratched it and want Google to give you a new one for free ? Are you an only child by any chance ? :D

i'm number 3 of 6.

i had to get my nexus 5 out (shudders at how tiny it feels) to get a blurry picture of what i mean.

it's not a scratch but looks, when in hand and can properly see it, like the finish on the aluminum was smudged. it's the mark next to the volume button

https://goo.gl/photos/uQb2aEFPDLJBZ8do6

this isn't dirt. i've tried wiping it off and it goes no where.

Soldato
i'm number 3 of 6.

i had to get my nexus 5 out (shudders at how tiny it feels) to get a blurry picture of what i mean.

it's not a scratch but looks, when in hand and can properly see it, like the finish on the aluminum was smudged. it's the mark next to the volume button

https://goo.gl/photos/uQb2aEFPDLJBZ8do6

this isn't dirt. i've tried wiping it off and it goes no where.

strange one, was only joking about, just rma it then, they should send u a new one first if it was from the play store

Associate
Damn, loving this device. Starting to think I'd like the Frost though! I have 4 more days to return this one... I've never just changed a phone for the sake of it before, temped! :D
I have bought 3 Nexus 4's, 2 Nexus 5's a Nexus 7, and 2x Nexus 7 2013's - so hopefully they won't mind :p

Soldato
Decided to kill a bit of time at Heathrow today by trying out some nice over ear headphones at Dixon's and have got to say I do find the volume lacking a bit. Had to crank the volume up to max on all of them to get things sounded how I wanted and still was left lacking somewhat. Guess it was quite noisy being an airport and all but even the sennheiser momentum 2's were a bit quiet..
Anyone else find them a bit quiet or has 20 years of playing the drums suddenly taken its toll on me?

how do i go about backing everything up exactly as is? i just want to click one button back up, then another and it's restored on the replacement? is this possible without root? android restoring feature isn't enough. doesn't bring back things like notification tones i've put on the device, and too many apps don't copy the data such as textra which takes an age and a half to put back.

Associate
Well since my M8 is slowly dying by the day (now can't connect to wifi at all) I bit the bullet late yesterday and went for a 64 GB graphite. Have a guy in the UK that I'm delivering it to and he'll forward it on since Google don't ship to where I am.

Are they still having stock issues or is it a case of when they say 18-20 November delivery they will actually manage it?

Soldato
how do i go about backing everything up exactly as is? i just want to click one button back up, then another and it's restored on the replacement? is this possible without root? android restoring feature isn't enough. doesn't bring back things like notification tones i've put on the device, and too many apps don't copy the data such as textra which takes an age and a half to put back.

The copy from another device ought to work (the option when setting up a new phone).

Associate
Just got my advance replacement in my hand and setting up.
Original 6p has a PINK hue on right hand side of screen head-on.
Unboxed the replacement and it is considerable lighter ? I've given both to a work mate and he thinks the new one is much lighter in weight?? What is going on?

New phone is updating all the apps and Google update, but I think the screen had a pinkish hue on the right side now :(

Very concerned the new phone is a lot lighter anyone been in this situation??

Soldato
OP
Just got my advance replacement in my hand and setting up.
Original 6p has a PINK hue on right hand side of screen head-on.
Unboxed the replacement and it is considerable lighter ? I've given both to a work mate and he thinks the new one is much lighter in weight?? What is going on?

New phone is updating all the apps and Google update, but I think the screen had a pinkish hue on the right side now :(

Very concerned the new phone is a lot lighter anyone been in this situation??

Weigh them to see if your going crazy.

Back
Top Bottom