**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Finally ran my battery down to almost empty to see what sort of SoT I'm getting. 4 Hours, I'm happy with that. Was a fairly large chunk of sat nav in there too.

7KUilQ9l.jpg.png anyY7kal.jpg.png N7NWWlRl.jpg.png

Soldato
^your easily pleased mate :)

Personally in my books 4hr SoT is quite average but for the 6p I would expect more from his beast of a battery

I guess it's down to the SD810 being power hungry

Main thing is your happy though!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Oh. Well I thought it was ok! Better than my OPO ever got. Considering it was running sat nav and playing music via BT for a good hour or so yesterday I thought it held up quite well. :)

Oh actually I just thought, I've always got BT on and connected to my GWR and there was a thread on Reddit about there being a bug where by it stops doze kicking in properly, so maybe I can get more if I turned off BT.

I think it was this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/3spewx/so_there_is_definitely_a_bt_bug_i_finally_turned/

More: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/3r5xo4/can_confirm_doze_does_not_work_with_bluetooth_on/

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm finding I'm getting much better battery life with it down clocked and 2 cores turned off. Can't really quantify how much better yet - but there's definitely something to be said for tweaking the SD810.

Soldato
Soldato
Google Clowncast 2 arrived yesterday and it is way better than the first one which I hardly used with my Note4. Videos and media in general load much faster with zero buffering thanks to the inclusion of wireless N. Very pleased with the purchase overall.

The earlier pictured screen protectors that I received two days ago aren't all that as expected. The protector went on easily and works well alongside the Spigen Rugged armour case. The packaging does state that the glass has a Oleophobic coating - not really the case though as it picks up fingerprints awfully easy and looks a mess after about 10 minutes of use.

I'll stick with them for a bit as I'm expecting some Orzly ones later this week.

i've got a mark on the back of the phone. it's faint but noticeable enough and it's permanent. i thought it was dirt but it's like a defect with the aluminum.

i got the phone on 4th or 5th. is this something i'd be able to return and swap? it's nothing major but it's annoying as i know it's there and i want to keep this phone for a couple years, so to have one with a defect from the get go is disappointing.

Soldato
i've got a mark on the back of the phone. it's faint but noticeable enough and it's permanent. i thought it was dirt but it's like a defect with the aluminum.

i got the phone on 4th or 5th. is this something i'd be able to return and swap? it's nothing major but it's annoying as i know it's there and i want to keep this phone for a couple years, so to have one with a defect from the get go is disappointing.

You scratched it and want Google to give you a new one for free ? Are you an only child by any chance ? :D

Associate
4hr SoT is quite average I was expecting 5 to 6 easily. What I don't get is how the iPhone 6s has a smaller battery and users on mac forums are reporting anywhere from 7 to 10 hours screen on time?! How does that work? Optimised OS?

Soldato
iOS coupled with an A9 chip is more power efficient out of the box, there are also quite a few settings you can tweak these days to make it better.

I haven't run my battery down that far yet, but I reckon I'm getting 5-6hr SoT with my current setup (downclocking CPU).

A lot of user have reported high usage states hence was a little confused when compared to say the 6P which has a mammoth battery.

While it does have a comparatively large battery, it's pushing more pixels and the SD810 is not very efficient. People seem to be fairing as good if not better with the 2700mah battery in the 5X which has the same resolution as the 6s+ and SD808 which is less power hungry than the SD810.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The only way to have a fair comparison is to have the same person use the 2 phones on the same network and do exactly the same thing throughout the day. So many factors in battery life.

My dad has the iPhone 6.and it ain't that hot on the battery life department.

Is usage on the iPhone measuring with the screen on or does it take into account screen off usage too like music playback?

Last edited:
Soldato
To be honest, my wife has just got a 6S and the battery life is good. She doesnt really use the phone that much (not sure the point in getting a new phone!) and usually has atleast 85% by about 6PM. However a few friends have the new phone and their battery life is terrible. She doesnt have any of the location stuff turned on, I'm pretty sure my battery life would be much better if I turned off Google Now and stuff.

Also a few that have the older 6 or even the 5 that basically need to go into power saving mode just to get through the day!

Associate
4hr SoT is quite average I was expecting 5 to 6 easily. What I don't get is how the iPhone 6s has a smaller battery and users on mac forums are reporting anywhere from 7 to 10 hours screen on time?! How does that work? Optimised OS?

Iphones "Usage time" is not the same as Androids "Screen on time".

They calculate usage which means it counts what goes on whilst the screen is off too. So if your listening to music with your phone , it will contribute to the usage time even though the screens off.

Back
Top Bottom