Acer Predator Z35 35" 2560x1080 VA 200Hz G-sync

Soldato
I'm only jealous of the VA contrast and blacks myself having owned both VA and 144Hz refresh panels before my current X34. I run a 75 fps cap on that anyway as at 3440 x 1440 in the games I like to play I can rarely hit 100 fps. I think the 100Hz OC does make Windows desktop fell smoother though in general.

Soldato
1080P and 35" - that'll look awful!

The pixel density is very similar to a 27" Full HD model, which some find perfectly acceptable. Could certainly be a lot better, but that comes at the expense of performance as well. Plus those refresh rates are not possible at higher resolutions over current display standards - it will be next year at the earliest that we'll see any 3440 x 1440 displays pushing refresh rates that high (possibly).

Soldato
I don't think games at 2560x1080 on a 35" will look to bad, pretty much the same as a 27" 1080p 16.9.
I tried a game on my 34" and set the res to 2560x1080 and it looked pretty good

Man of Honour
it won't look as sharp for desktop / general use, sure. but it's not really aimed at those uses anyway. For gaming it should still look very good :) plus you don't need to worry about the system demands of 3440 x 1440 at 200Hz which would be a huge drain!

Associate
OP
Looking forward to your review Baddass as always :) You make an interesting point about this screen being easier to drive which was one of my points I mentioned. It may not be cheap but neither is the 1440 model and your pretty much guaranteed to have to pay for two 980ti cards to drive it at 100htz. Obviously if it looks poor with games it defeats its purpose have to wait and see..

Soldato
Might pull the trigger to test one out :)

Just need to sneak it past the wifey as I already have a 34" Samsung

Im keeping an eye on OLED panels coming our way next year......

Associate
I don't think I ever said that?!

I'm expecting to have the Z35 with me any day for a review soon. Although with Xmas coming up and all the other screens I seem to be sent at the moment it might well take me longer than normal. Busy period!

Sorry. Someone did. Thought it was you, and here.

It was the only thing that tallied really with that initial availability on the XR3501 in August EU & UK, then nothing more even now and OCUK discontinuing it (despite it being constantly in and out of stock in the US), and the huge delays on the XZ35 & Z35.

Associate
Mine is sat across from my desk here at the office....it arrived 2 days ago, but I only told the wife just now....so will take it home tonight lol.
cant wait to try it.....so surprised that there are literally no reviews on the net.

Soldato
Mine is sat across from my desk here at the office....it arrived 2 days ago, but I only told the wife just now....so will take it home tonight lol.
cant wait to try it.....so surprised that there are literally no reviews on the net.

i like your style, buy it then take the flak from the mrs later:D

Associate
Build quality is super solid and looks much better than the pics - a bit more grown up somehow.
Mine overclocks to 200mhz right out of the box no problems. I'm impressed by the speakers which I didn't think would be the case (although the wife isn't talking too me and I had to turn the sound down about an hour ago lol (I am on the couch tonight btw...although I'm going to play this for a while so no real problems there!). Playing Grid autosport the helicopter sounded like it was flying around me - really liked this surround effect.

The 21:9 with the curve makes for a pretty immersive and great experience...there is some pop to the depth and the picture colour is sharp, rich and vibrant. I've tried a few games - GTAV, Witcher 3, Rise of Rome, Far Cry 4, Just cause 3 and Starwars battle front - all look really good. I've turned up all the settings to max and looks great. My set up is slightly overkill with 2 GTX980ti's and I probably could have gone with the x34 - but I'm thinking although the x34 screen sounds slightly smaller, it could make quite a difference and not be so immersive. Also with everything turned on - dust blowing across the screen etc - I think id rather have this (which adds to the immersiveness) than on the 3440 where i'd still have to turn things down. Pixel density isn't a problem for me with this screen and the high refresh rate is a great benefit. Going for this one over the x34 for gaming feels the right choice. THis is fantastic!

Man of Honour
If its like the other high refresh VAs then is it not actually 100Hz (which is still pretty good) with some technique to boost the motion clarity "as if" you had a true 200Hz panel?

If it truly takes a 200Hz signal and presents it at an appropriate level that is quite impressive.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Build quality is super solid and looks much better than the pics - a bit more grown up somehow.
Mine overclocks to 200mhz right out of the box no problems. I'm impressed by the speakers which I didn't think would be the case (although the wife isn't talking too me and I had to turn the sound down about an hour ago lol (I am on the couch tonight btw...although I'm going to play this for a while so no real problems there!). Playing Grid autosport the helicopter sounded like it was flying around me - really liked this surround effect.

The 21:9 with the curve makes for a pretty immersive and great experience...there is some pop to the depth and the picture colour is sharp, rich and vibrant. I've tried a few games - GTAV, Witcher 3, Rise of Rome, Far Cry 4, Just cause 3 and Starwars battle front - all look really good. I've turned up all the settings to max and looks great. My set up is slightly overkill with 2 GTX980ti's and I probably could have gone with the x34 - but I'm thinking although the x34 screen sounds slightly smaller, it could make quite a difference and not be so immersive. Also with everything turned on - dust blowing across the screen etc - I think id rather have this (which adds to the immersiveness) than on the 3440 where i'd still have to turn things down. Pixel density isn't a problem for me with this screen and the high refresh rate is a great benefit. Going for this one over the x34 for gaming feels the right choice. THis is fantastic!

Loaf on monitor pic please

Back
Top Bottom