Acer Predator Z35 35" 2560x1080 VA 200Hz G-sync

Soldato
If its like the other high refresh VAs then is it not actually 100Hz (which is still pretty good) with some technique to boost the motion clarity "as if" you had a true 200Hz panel?

If it truly takes a 200Hz signal and presents it at an appropriate level that is quite impressive.

It is a native 144Hz panel and is overclocked to 200Hz. There is no motion clarity boosting going on. Although one might question whether the response times are optimal for such refresh rates (they're not - at least not all are).

Associate
It is a native 144Hz panel and is overclocked to 200Hz. There is no motion clarity boosting going on. Although one might question whether the response times are optimal for such refresh rates (they're not - at least not all are).
This. I was wondering why to even bother clocking it to 200. For an IPS/VA doesn't make much sense to me, it assumes a stable response time of 5ms which simply won't happen and you surely will get into a worse experience than say 100 (perfect for IPS/VA imho) or 144 (this is overkill already).

Last edited:
Associate
The much steeper curve is perhaps what Virtua was getting at here. Which makes a significant difference to the experience.

Yes that's it exactly - that post of the visual comparison of the x34 and z35 really shows it. It fills your field of vision.

Permabanned
You have to host elsewhere... Somewhere like imgur.com and post the link in

Associate
I think it's representative, but like you say, unless you see it for your own eyes ......on that point I had the brightness pretty low - switch on the srgb function it automatically cranks up the brightness to 60 which was too bright for me. I did have a play with the blue light settings but need to spend some more time with it.
The pic I took was set back from the table - sit down and game and you are right in the screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wont be touching acer until their prices drops.. They are charging way to much of a premium for their latest predator screens and before someone tries to be snide i can actually buy 2 of them on the spot right now if i wanted to but i refuse to pay close to a 1000 pounds(8999 DKK)

Associate
Got it today. I must say that putting such a massive beast on my desk with all this real estate goodness got me giddy.

Then I booted some games and... My jaw dropped. The amount of blur and residual ghosting on this panel makes g-sync totally unusable. Even on 100hz the ghosting is massive. The only way to get rid of it is to enable ulmb which obviously prevents g-sync. Compared to the Asus IPS ROG this is terrible.

The problem is I rmad' my swift due to blb, and got this instead. It looks like I will be ccring this ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom