Blocking Drive access

Soldato
Jeez, do people have this much trouble sorting out their lives without outside help?

I suppose calling 101 and saying "hi, I think the police have attended an incident along *insert your street here*. Unfortunately one of the officers has parked their police van so that it is blocking my driveway and I really need to get out. Could you please get one of the officers to come out and move the van when they get a second? Thanks"

A few minutes later it is more than likely a police officer would have come out, apologised, then driven the van out the way.

It's not that hard is it???

Soldato
You're kidding right?

You have no idea why they are parked there. You jump to the conclusion they are being inconsiderate when its just as likely they had to park there to deal with something.

Next time you call the cops, dont be irate if they take ages to tun up as it may take a while till they find an appropriate parking space which is clearly a higher priority than the call they are attending. :rolleyes:

Lol I think MrMoonX has probably got a chip on his shoulder because he got a speeding ticket 10years ago.

"Sorry you got your head caved in ma'am, we would have been here sooner but we had to park 4 streets away so MrMoonX didn't cry his little eyes out about our parking"

Permabanned
Lol I think MrMoonX has probably got a chip on his shoulder because he got a speeding ticket 10years ago.

"Sorry you got your head caved in ma'am, we would have been here sooner but we had to park 4 streets away so MrMoonX didn't cry his little eyes out about our parking"

100% clean licence here since i got it

its just inconsiderate, but I wouldn't expect anything less from the police, they are hardly ever professional

Associate
I'd not have gotten a taxi. If there were no visible police I would have called 101, since there were multiple cars there though I assume someone would be free to come move it.

Associate
Jeez, do people have this much trouble sorting out their lives without outside help?

I suppose calling 101 and saying "hi, I think the police have attended an incident along *insert your street here*. Unfortunately one of the officers has parked their police van so that it is blocking my driveway and I really need to get out. Could you please get one of the officers to come out and move the van when they get a second? Thanks"

A few minutes later it is more than likely a police officer would have come out, apologised, then driven the van out the way.

People lack common sense now. For all you know that Van is parked to deliver a death message, To stop a partner knocking 10 bells out of their o/h ;

A whole list of reasons for that van to be parked as it is, Just ring 101, ask for any Police Officer attending your street to move *insert Reg* as you need to go out. Control will know who is attached to that particular vehicle and will contact them. If they can leave the incident they are attending, they will.

100% clean licence here since i got it

its just inconsiderate, but I wouldn't expect anything less from the police, they are hardly ever professional

Yes, because you have met every Police Officer ever and they are all exactly the same ...

Caporegime

This probably would have been the best thing to do.

Soldato

101? seriously? OP probably would have had to wait 6 hours longer if he called 101 according to the last time I called 101.

Even 999 was a bit of a joke last time I wanted to anonymously help someone out. Called me back 2 hours later to ask if the guy who was getting beaten to a pulp was still in the process of getting beaten to a pulp. Not even going to bother next time.

In fairness though when I dialled 999 to report a theft from my neighbours house they managed to arrest the thief within about 2 minutes. I'm assuming it was because it didn't actually require any investigation/actual police work as I had all the details of where the stolen item was heading before it even got there.

Last edited:
Permabanned
[TW]Fox;28981207 said:
I'm surprised you've had enough dealings with them to come to a conclusion either way.

at a professional level, yes I have, they are useless at doing their core role and don't give a ****

Man of Honour
well if it was an emergency then the OP would have noticed the blue lights outside :rolleyes:

This is clearly not an emergency, as I am sure the OP would hear or see the police. As its not on a blue light, it can't just abandon blocking in the OP. Maybe the copper is popping home for another pie.

You do realise that most police officers turn off their lights before they actually pull up address on an emergency call?

101? seriously? OP probably would have had to wait 6 hours longer if he called 101 according to the last time I called 101.

Even 999 was a bit of a joke last time I wanted to anonymously help someone out. Called me back 2 hours later to ask if the guy who was getting beaten to a pulp was still in the process of getting beaten to a pulp. Not even going to bother next time.

In fairness though when I dialled 999 to report a theft from my neighbours house they managed to arrest the thief within about 2 minutes. I'm assuming it was because it didn't actually require any investigation/actual police work as I had all the details of where the stolen item was heading before it even got there.

Have you thought that the reason they didn't attend the first call was because they didn't have anyone to send and that they did have a free unit on the second?

Back
Top Bottom