NUS wants to ban gay men from LGBT+ commities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/news/319...es-remove-gay-mens-reps-dont-face-oppression/

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/03/2...-mens-reps-because-they-dont-face-oppression/

So the NUS has decided that gay men dont face oppression.

This is disgraceful along with the no platforming crap theyve pulled on gay rights speakers.

It very much seems that they want thier own little group to bully ad "white cis men" are the target but too many to go after the straigjts so going for the gays.

Given it was the white cis gays who fought for most of these societies to even get started on the first place this seems insane

Associate
Umm. No they don't. They are questioning whether cis gay men need a protected officer position. That's quite different, and gay men would still be able to stand for the open positions as well as be members of lgbt soc.

They also aren't saying that gay men don't face discrimination, just that they don't face significant discrimination within the lgbt community.

I'm not sure they're right to do it, but your title is misleading.

Man of Honour
Pretty classic inability to recognise the irony in themselves if they're talking about a group not facing oppression within the LGBT community whilst simultaneously trying to ban a certain group from being represented in part of it.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
It's the extreme left trying to get a stranglehold on victimhood. It's rather unscrupulous and pernicious, really.

Permabanned
They should get on with some bloody work and stop poncing about. Homosexuals were once grateful for legal status, they'd like to make it compulsory to be sexually "different" these days. Many of us are sick and tired of students whining about this and that and forming their sad little cliques of politically correct clap trap. No wonder some young males in the UK find the masculine, testosterone fuelled world of IS attractive when they see these lot effeminately pontificating about nothing. No wonder so many students then stumble around in the real work place. The ones whinging about the "terrible" Cecil Rhodes whilst enjoying the privilege of one of his magnanimous scholarships are particularly abhorrent. I'd give them a good dose of National Service, somewhere hot and nasty ;)

Caporegime
Be interested to see what Wes Streeting MP (their former president) has to say about this.

Slightly perplexed, have they not received enough attention recently? Will they want to replace 'G' with a new group of people society shun?

Last edited:
Caporegime
The world we live in. Terrible analogy but I will use it anyway.....look at paint colours 50 years ago - red, white, blue, pink and so on. Now you have salmon pink, mermaid net, dragons blood, salty tear etc. So many extra things/categories/labels/versions these days!

I will get my coat :o:p

Don
I don't get it?

Why can't we just have straight, gay (lesbian) and bisexual. Simple. That's all you need.

I'm guessing because you could be gender-assigned as male, but identify as female and prefer men as your sexual partner. I'm guessing that makes you non-cis female heterosexual?

It's all very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom