Suicide bomber kills at least 52 mainly women and children in Lahore, Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
More waffle and naval gazing.

More waffle and naval gazing.

Your so called principle above shows your mentality and reasoning, Pathetic.

Believe it or not it's a fair point. Why the minute silence to remember victims in Europe but not those who die elsewhere? Why did the man from Croydon ask the Muslim lady about Brussels, and not about the countless Muslim deaths caused by IS/AQ?

Then why not hit mosques or preachers or leaders why narket places and playgrounds.

Most 'terrorist organisations' resort to violence against civilians in order to de-stabilise Government, sow fear in the general populace, put pressure on the security services who then have to allocate resources elsewhere...

With Islamic related terrorism there's also an unhealthy mix of politics as well: the idiots calling to terrorism and committing it may be influenced by religion, but it's a lot deeper than that.

Soldato
So they have their war, and they think the way to win support to their cause is to butcher innocent people for no reason.

To call them animals wouldnt be right, animals kill for a reason.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Believe it or not it's a fair point. Why the minute silence to remember victims in Europe but not those who die elsewhere? Why did the man from Croydon ask the Muslim lady about Brussels, and not about the countless Muslim deaths caused by IS/AQ?

Surely the answer to this is obvious? People generally feel a greater kinship with those closer geographically and culturally. You are more concerned if your neighbour is burgled than someone in the next town for example.

Caporegime

Because as has already been said, we are closely knit with other European countries and share religious, cultural and social ties. We tend not to with the likes of Iraq, Pakistan and Syria.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Surely the answer to this is obvious? People generally feel a greater kinship with those closer geographically and culturally. You are more concerned if your neighbour is burgled than someone in the next town for example.

You're right, I'm well aware of that but I also think a big part of it boils down to fear. A bomb going off in Pakistan, Iraq or where ever isn't a huge concern for someone in London regardless of lives lost, but somewhere like Paris or Brussels is a it closer to home. It's partly fear that makes people angry, and it's fear - as you know - that's been used by Governments to put controls in place against minority groups.

But the fact remains. Most people killed by Muslim terrorists are Muslims themselves.

Soldato
Why did the man from Croydon ask the Muslim lady about Brussels, and not about the countless Muslim deaths caused by IS/AQ?

He'd have been there all day if he had asked her about all the atrocities committed by Muslims around the world.

Suspended

Massive amounts of shared history with Belgium, cultural links, geographically close (we can drive there within a day). We declared war on Germany in WW1 due to the fact they invaded Belgium for instance.

I don't know why idiots blame Muslims in general for terrorist attacks though

Raz

Raz

Soldato
So they have their war, and they think the way to win support to their cause is to butcher innocent people for no reason.

To call them animals wouldnt be right, animals kill for a reason.

Unfortunately those are the tactics most terrorist organisations resort to in their fight against corrupt governments, authorities, etc and it's the civilians who bear the brunt of the loss.

There's plenty of such groups throughout history, and I'm sure there will be plenty more unfortunately.

Caporegime
Unfortunately those are the tactics most terrorist organisations resort to in their fight against corrupt governments, authorities, etc and it's the civilians who bear the brunt of the loss.

There's plenty of such groups throughout history, and I'm sure there will be plenty more unfortunately.

Except these aren't attacks against corrupt governments etc. They're attacks against people.

Soldato
Terrible thing to happen.
I would make a further comment about it, I've deleted it 2 times now, but I think I'd get banned for offending religious people by telling the truth to them.

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Massive amounts of shared history with Belgium, cultural links, geographically close (we can drive there within a day). We declared war on Germany in WW1 due to the fact they invaded Belgium for instance.

I don't know why idiots blame Muslims in general for terrorist attacks though

Indeed, but on a personal level I find it disappointing but that's because of that way I think. A life lost in Africa, Asia or Europe shouldn't be any different in value, and what's worse is that people in Iraq, Afghanistan etc have it a lot more difficult due to terrorism. These Muslims - and I'm aware that not all those attacked are Muslims - not only are attacked by terrorists but also attacked for following Islam.

On that point, following the attack in Brussels I was shouted at and sworn at twice. Once in London and once in Ashford, something along the lines of "you ******* Muslim Pakistani *******. They were wrong on all counts, but hey I'm brown(ish) and have a beard so am fair game. I did think about pointing out that I'm more likely to have been affected by terrorism than they (seeing how I lost a lot of family in one such attack, including a six year old) but decided against it.

Man of Honour
OP
Believe it or not it's a fair point. Why the minute silence to remember victims in Europe but not those who die elsewhere?

A genuine question because I don't know the answer. But did the Middle Eastern and Asian world hold a minutes silence for the 7/7 attacks, France and Belgium etc?

Soldato

No it isn't a fair point, quite a few have pointed this out and called him out on it, it is a pretty sick way of justifying his principle, but i expect that from certain posters on here.

They can only back up their opinion with a ridiculous reply like it is the wests fault or the usual it is nothing to do with religion response.

So a Muslim stabs another Muslim for being nice? Scum.

Certain countries in the west, esp the UK have backed themselves into a corner because of political correctness.

For at least 20 years we have been called rotten if you **** off a religion, esp Islam, the quicker people realise and become less worried and more open to speaking what they really think then this wont stop.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
A genuine question because I don't know the answer. But did the Middle Eastern and Asian world hold a minutes silence for the 7/7 attacks, France and Belgium etc?

I honestly don't know, but I'm sure according to some people here those countries were probably celebrating amongst the bombs going off next to them.

A life lost is a life lost in my view, and I really don't care whether it's someone who is a Christian, Muslim, Jew, brown, white or Atheist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom