Suicide bomber kills at least 52 mainly women and children in Lahore, Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Surely the answer to this is obvious? People generally feel a greater kinship with those closer geographically and culturally. You are more concerned if your neighbour is burgled than someone in the next town for example.

I am going to start ignoring people who believe the post you replied to (like the posts from Raz and Yas) because it is common sense to feel what you posted in response.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I am going to start ignoring people who believe the post you replied to (like the posts from Raz and Yas) because it is common sense to feel what you posted in response.

I think that perhaps you should also start applying some sense to understanding someone else's point of view. Whilst I've already explained, partly, my way of thinking I'd like to add that those of us who have roots outside Europe have a different relationship obviously with non-European countries. Going by RDM's post, someone may well be more concerned with what happens to their neighbour than someone in another city but they will certainly feel it a lot more if that city has people they know i.e. family or friends.

I certainly have been impacted by terrorism in Muslim countries because whilst I am no longer Muslim I do still have some roots in the same culture, religious background and have family ties to victims. So I do completely understand RDM's point as it is obvious, however it's not as clear cut when someone doesn't belong to "one tribe".

Now, I'm happy to ignore you as I haven't seen you bring anything of value to the discussion and there are plenty of people with similar views here anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Terrible thing to happen.
I would make a further comment about it, I've deleted it 2 times now, but I think I'd get banned for offending religious people by telling the truth to them.

Say it, we should not be persecuted for criticising a religion\culture for it's deadly acts in the name of religion.

PC is one of the problems in all this.

Caporegime
It might be due to the state sponsored terrorism in Pakistan, the 43 terrorist camps there. Aided by the Pakistan army etc.

I don't see Pakistan up in arms complaining and protesting on the streets, about the bombing. So it's not like we can show solidarity to those holding vigils etc.

Wasn't there an attack on a Christian church in 2013 that killed 80 people?

We want to sympathise with the victims but most of Pakistan are not the victims..nor do they seem to be sympathising with them.

Soldato
Indeed, but on a personal level I find it disappointing but that's because of that way I think. A life lost in Africa, Asia or Europe shouldn't be any different in value, and what's worse is that people in Iraq, Afghanistan etc have it a lot more difficult due to terrorism. These Muslims - and I'm aware that not all those attacked are Muslims - not only are attacked by terrorists but also attacked for following Islam.

On that point, following the attack in Brussels I was shouted at and sworn at twice. Once in London and once in Ashford, something along the lines of "you ******* Muslim Pakistani *******. They were wrong on all counts, but hey I'm brown(ish) and have a beard so am fair game. I did think about pointing out that I'm more likely to have been affected by terrorism than they (seeing how I lost a lot of family in one such attack, including a six year old) but decided against it.

People who act that way towards people who have no intention or incling to cause harm to others are also D********, that is pure racism, no matter who they are having a go at or what religion they are.

For me people can follow any religion they like, that side of things wont affect me, but that doesn't mean i should like the religion or it's teachings, that goes for any religion.

I was brought up catholic upto 14, church every Sunday, alter boy, choir etc etc, i dont anymore as i dont follow any religion, i will use my own common sense and the laws of this country to decide what is right and wrong and how i live my life and treat others. I also would never force religion onto my kids or anyone else.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes there has, just only been done by Pakistanis

Stop talking rubbish and arguing over if people on Facebook should do this or that, over 70 people have been murdered, do you think they give a toss or their families give a toss what people do on Facebook in response to the attacks, some of you are unbelievable.

The whole face\hashtag this or that is such a trivial argument i would be embarrassed to post such arguments, unbelievable.

Soldato
I think that perhaps you should also start applying some sense to understanding someone else's point of view. Whilst I've already explained, partly, my way of thinking I'd like to add that those of us who have roots outside Europe have a different relationship obviously with non-European countries. Going by RDM's post, someone may well be more concerned with what happens to their neighbour than someone in another city but they will certainly feel it a lot more if that city has people they know i.e. family or friends.

I certainly have been impacted by terrorism in Muslim countries because whilst I am no longer Muslim I do still have some roots in the same culture, religious background and have family ties to victims. So I do completely understand RDM's point as it is obvious, however it's not as clear cut when someone doesn't belong to "one tribe".

Now, I'm happy to ignore you as I haven't seen you bring anything of value to the discussion and there are plenty of people with similar views here anyway.

What are you talking about, i have not said anything about RDM's post, i replied "waffle" to this

Originally Posted by Yas786

Muslim lives don't matter but when it comes to attacks on western countries or cities the whole world goes up in arms. Such hypocrisy from the west and they wonder why these terrorists continue to attack them .

I've unfriended a few people on my Facebook as I have put up #prayforlahore on my profile. They were angry that I hadn't changed my profile to pray for Belgium, which I refused to do out of principle. Not because I don't care, as it is and was horrifying to see innocent people get killed or seriously injured by these cowards, who dare use my religion to justify these attacks on people.

Especially the highlighted bit, it is very petty, pathetic and childish.

Soldato
What are you talking about, i have not said anything about RDM's post, i replied "waffle" to this

Especially the highlighted bit, it is very petty, pathetic and childish.

I can't stand all that profile picture changing stuff. What does it actually achieve? I refused to do it too but it doesn't mean I don't care. Just that I see it as a slightly pathetic gesture. It's part of the reason I left FB.

Soldato
I can't stand all that profile picture changing stuff. What does it actually achieve? I refused to do it too but it doesn't mean I don't care. Just that I see it as a slightly pathetic gesture. It's part of the reason I left FB.

Exactly.

One thing i fear is that if there are going to be anymore bombings especially in Europe people will start thinking right, enough of this solidarity rubbish, the attacks need to stop now, i am getting sick of all the lets stand together outpouring from certain people and the media that is is fast becoming a joke.

Yes we will and always will stand together, so stop ramming it down our throats and do something about the actual murdering scum or we are going to be in a situation where a lot of the population will just become shoulder shruggers at the next attacks that follow.

Associate

It's the exact reason I left as well.

Arguments over which flag you are sporting for your temporary profile photo or which hashtag is currently "trending" just beggars belief.

Soldato
Have you read the Old Testament?

What does the old testament have to do anything?

Say it, we should not be persecuted for criticising a religion\culture for it's deadly acts in the name of religion.

PC is one of the problems in all this.

Its more to do with under there religion doing this sort of thing is perfectly fine. They are encouraged to hurt/kill non-believers. People who don't are not following the religion and are cherry picking the good things just like all other religions do because they would be monsters if they followed it.
Religious people would deny this, but its very clear to see what there religion orders them to do, they just choose to ignore it.

Last edited:
Soldato
What does the old testament have to do anything?

It has everything to do with someone claiming that "the base ideology" is the problem in Islam and not the people.

The 'base ideology' (by which I mean the Old Testament) of Catholics is truly abhorrent. Rape, slavery, genocide and infanticide all justified and in some cases promoted yet Catholics today aren't going around blowing themselves up or trying to launch another version of The Crusades.

Ergo. actually it is the people and how they are brought up, their social systems and levels of education which seems to dictate how someone cherry picks from their religious text and they are happy to ignore all manner of evils despite it being in black and white in their "base ideology".

People who don't are not following the religion and are cherry picking the good things just like all other religions do because they would be monsters if they followed it.
Religious people would deny this, but its very clear to see what there religion orders them to do, they just choose to ignore it.

So a Catholic who doesn't kill his neighbor for working on the Sabbath isn't following his religion either right?

Soldato
So a Catholic who doesn't kill his neighbor for working on the Sabbath isn't following his religion either right?

That is correct (if thats what its specificity says, don't know, dont care)
Deny it all you like, they are ordered to do it, but ignore it.
These suicide bombers are following the religion they believe in.
Its horrible yes, but thats the truth of it.
Doesn't matter how stupid/evil the order is, its part of the religion.

(this is why I didn't want to say it, even people who are not religious will disagree)
(had plenty of debates with people about it and most people cant come up with a answer against it)

Last edited:
Soldato
That is correct (if thats what its specificity says, don't know, dont care)
Deny it all you like, they are ordered to do it, but ignore it.
These suicide bombers are following the religion they believe in.
Its horrible yes, but thats the truth of it.

OK but what's your point, pretty much all religious texts contain a moral framework which is contrast to liberal western values.

Furthermore, actually you are wrong, whilst you can find verses that support acts like suicide bombing in the Qu'ran, you can also find ones that say no one but Allah can take a life.

So the non-suicide bombers aren't ignoring parts of the Qu'ran, they are actually just prioritizing contradictory verses from their holy book. Conversely the suicide bomber is choosing to ignore the parts that say you shouldn't murder anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom