Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
After months of watching the monitor market and holding off on buying another new monitor (purchased a Dell U2414H awhile ago) I have finally gone for this Dell S2716DG.

I was really keen on a gaming ISP, but after seeing the issues I was put off and didn't want the trouble of having to return a possible faulty monitor.

I cannot wait to get this new Dell and have a play with it ,and I can use my U2414H as a second monitor that will replace my very old Viewsonic 21' TFT monitor (I purchased this monitor after Battlefield 2 came out, it has served me well!).

I will post screenshots and a tiny review if I remember.

Last edited:
Associate
I will do! It will be interesting to compare the Dell S2716DG to the U2414H ISP.

Are there any 'must do's' when setting this new monitor up?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Ordered at the cheaper price. I decided the extra connectivity options would be very much worth it, since the asus only has DP.

Permabanned
you can try these....

Nvidia Control Panel>Adjust desktop color settings:
Brightness-50%
Contrast-50%
Gamma-0.60%
Digital vibrance-70%
Hue-0
CLICK APPLY

DELL Monitor settings:
Brightness-26%
Contrast-75%
Color>Custom Color:
R-97%
G-99%
B-96%

Soldato
I've just taken delivery of one of these, and have weird and obvious display corruption in Windows when the refresh rate is above 60hz (e.g. what look like double-height pixels, making the text look chunky and all 80s, weird). Could this be down to a faulty cable? I'm using the bundled DisplayPort one.

EDIT - Super-enormous terrible photo trying to show the problem here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7o96v0fvwapb5s/2016-04-20 17.46.28.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
Associate
I've just taken delivery of one of these, and have weird and obvious display corruption in Windows when the refresh rate is above 60hz (e.g. what look like double-height pixels, making the text look chunky and all 80s, weird). Could this be down to a faulty cable? I'm using the bundled DisplayPort one.

EDIT - Super-enormous terrible photo trying to show the problem here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7o96v0fvwapb5s/2016-04-20 17.46.28.jpg?dl=0

Looks weird mate. Almost like it's not at native res. Got latest drivers for your card etc ?

Soldato
Looks weird mate. Almost like it's not at native res. Got latest drivers for your card etc ?

Yeah, pretty much the first thing I checked. I wondered if it was drivers too. in games I haven't noticed any problems, but maybe that's just because my games aren't really text-heavy :p

EDIT - Okay, spoke too soon - getting loads of flickering now too. I'm going to see if I can get another cable tomorrow and try it, as I don't have another unfortunately.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, pretty much the first thing I checked. I wondered if it was drivers too. in games I haven't noticed any problems, but maybe that's just because my games aren't really text-heavy :p

EDIT - Okay, spoke too soon - getting loads of flickering now too. I'm going to see if I can get another cable tomorrow and try it, as I don't have another unfortunately.

Grr,hopefully a new cable sorts it :(

Associate
ITS AMAZING!

Got mine today, just set it up and wow! will post screenshots sat!

However I had a EU plug and not a UK one :(

[UPDATE]

Regarding the EU plug, I spoke to OCUK via Live Chat and they have sent me a new UK plug (1.8 meters) and I should get it tomorrow. Excellent service as always!

[/UPDATE]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom