Knife attack in Munich station

Soldato
There has been a knife attack in Munich station in Germany. At least one person dead and 3 injured at the moment. According to a German news source:

The is offender a 27-year-old German, who is not living in Bavaria. In carrying out the fact the offender has made political statements, such as "You infidels!".

http://www.merkur.de/lokales/ebersberg/grafing/messerattacke-grafing-bahnof-mehrere-verletzte-6388041.html

I guess it was only a matter of time before Germany suffered one of these attacks. It will be interesting to see how this is managed politically. There is a huge amount of tension in the country at the moment.

I have a holiday booked for August, just south of Munich, not good :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
I guess on more information being released about the perpetrator(?).

From the BBC:

Some witnesses said he shouted "Allahu akbar" ("God is great" in Arabic) but the motive for the attack is unclear.
An Upper Bavaria police spokesperson said that a "political motive" had certainly not been ruled out. The suspect was identified as a German national.

What more information would you expect at this stage?

Soldato
This is also a bizzare statement to make, in what way does a crazy knife person impact your future holiday?

Maybe the OP was planning on carrying out a crazy knife attack in a station and is now concerned that the police will be on higher alert?

I can't see any other way this would impact him to be honest!

He is worried about the sand people invasion, obviously. They are devious creature who use a weird alphabet, write backwards and kill on sight.

Don't forget about the whole Bantha riding thing; can't trust anyone riding a Bantha!

Man of Honour
I have a holiday booked for August, just south of Munich, not good :(

I never quite understand this kind of statement.. The risk has and is always there.. you just don't know it. You'd never travel anywhere in hindsight.. People commute to large cities every day and every day there's a risk of something happening.

***** media though.

Soldato
OP
I have holidayed in the region twice before so I know it. I work for a German company and know people from the area. After the Paris and Belgium attacks there was a lot of fear they would be "next". This is why I said it is not good because I know how upset they will be.

I know the risk to me is miniscule, I am sad for the town / country.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I never quite understand this kind of statement.. The risk has and is always there.. you just don't know it. You'd never travel anywhere in hindsight.. People commute to large cities every day and every day there's a risk of something happening.

***** media though.

Such a tiny risk though.

In the UK 35 people a week die in road accidents and 420 a week are critically injured. Doesn't stop me driving to work everyday.

Caporegime
The problem is that Germany's police has been known to keep some of the issues quiet, so any accusations about blackouts aren't too bewildering.

Back
Top Bottom