Knife attack in Munich station

Soldato
It's not even 'in Munich' - it's a town about 20 miles away! It's a bit like someone getting stabbed in Slough (which happens quite often!) and then being worried about going on holiday to London.

Soldato
lol, maybe he was an agnostic, catholic, maybe a hindu? I just can't understand what the motive would be!!?

Same old BBC ****

You say that... but then what better way for someone who has a chip on their shoulder about Islam to cause more resentment towards it than to perform attacks "in it's name"?

If you wanted to make more people hate Muslims, do you think it would be more effective to tell people Muslims are all violent religious extremists, or to pretend to be a Muslim and commit violent acts?

Not by any means saying that's what's happening in this situation, but it's always a possibility.

Soldato
They suspect the attack to be potentially politically motivated, not necessarily religiously motivated.

Times like these where it can provoke idiots to attack mosques and beat up blokes who fit the look, it is unsurprising. The backlash from announcing it as a religiously motivated attack to then be proven wrong could have significantly negative effects for the newspaper.

I do not see anything wrong with what you quoted and considering the authorities have not release official statement on the motive, i dont know if they can post anything any more definitive than that.

Cant argue with that, whether the guy was Muslim or not, seems to be having that effect!

Soldato
We've have "lone nutter", "false flag" and "NTDWI"; some I'm just waiting on some to post "It's all the West's fault" to have a full house.

New Testament Didn't Want It?
National Treasures Destroyed.. WHY ISLAM?!?
Nutter Tries; Did Wound Innocents?
Not The Drama We Intended?
New Teeth; Don't Want Ice-cream?
Nazis Terrible Dress Was Inconsiderate?

No... sorry, struggling to figure out what your made up acronym means

Associate
We've have "lone nutter", "false flag" and "NTDWI"; some I'm just waiting on some to post "It's all the West's fault" to have a full house.

Eyes down ;)

[x] It's all the West's fault
[ ] He's been suffering from anxiety and depression
[ ] Mental illness is responsible for this
[x] Lone nutter
[x] False flag
[ ] Not a real muslim
[ ] Isolated case
[ ] Christians do bad things too!

Man of Honour
Such a tiny risk though.

In the UK 35 people a week die in road accidents and 420 a week are critically injured.

Tiny until the day it happens.

I come into the city evey day.. Do I think of things happening.. Occasionally yes I do... the same when I jump into a car.. which I find more of a lottery nowadays

Doesn't stop me driving to work everyday.

Exactly, that was the point i was trying to make :)

Back
Top Bottom