Forza 6 (Apex) coming to PC near you, soon....

Associate
It's attraction is DX12 windows 10 app. Thus no other windows OS support. They need to add wheel support now as I've done as much as I can handle on a pad.

Ah okay. Thanks

Not played since Forza properly since 2 & 3. Was half tempted to get this but not upgrading to Windows 10 just yet.

Caporegime
Windows 10 is going to be the platform for every PC game Microsoft has its hand in, and likely many others where Microsoft convince the developers to release is on 10 only.

Sticking with 10 will soon see you start missing out on games. If the rumors are true and Horizon 3 is due later this year, and its coming to PC too, it will 100% be a Windows 10 only game.

Soldato
Sweet, I had no idea this was out, downloading now. I really liked Forza on the 360. I hope future full fledged Forza Motorsport and Forza horizon games release on PC!
M$ seemed to have improved the download speed on the store an awful lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys, please can you offer any help/advice.

I installed this game last night from the windows store, downloaded the 18GB game and when I ran the game it wouldnt work so had to use the work-around but unfortunetly the game is unplayable.

It auto-loads me onto a track with a car and the frame rate is so bad, I have like 5fps so therefore its unplayable.

I'm not sure why this is as I have a pretty good rig, I have a 4GB R9 290 Sapphire and 8 GB of ram and i5 3.5ghz devils canyon, ssd etc.

I'm running all other games in high/ultra settings such as BF4, Tomb Raider, Mad Max, Skyrim, F1, Project Cars, GTA5, MGS, Wolfenstein, Hitman, etc etc. So it's a pretty good Rig but for some reason this game has the worst performance I've seen for over a decade.

I think I have the latest Catalyst drivers installed from ATI but not 100% sure. The last driver updateI did was about a month ago but I'll check tonight when I get home from work. But other then that I'm not sure what else I can do?

Is this a known problem? Did you guys have the same issue when you first launched the game?

Soldato
Skotchegg

There was a driver update a few days ago specifically for Forza...go grab it will more than likely sort out your problems. There was also a game update yesterday, if you open up windows store and click forza, you should see a little update box. If it's not there I suspect it's updated automatically, but for lots of ppl a manual update was needed.

Associate
Ah okay. Thanks

Not played since Forza properly since 2 & 3. Was half tempted to get this but not upgrading to Windows 10 just yet.

I wouldn't wait around though, Windows 10 won't be a free upgrade for much longer. Not to mention Windows 10 is far superior to Windows 7 and 8/8.1.

Soldato
I had issues with my 280x. There is a new beta driver for Forza which fixed the issues

Skotchegg

There was a driver update a few days ago specifically for Forza...go grab it will more than likely sort out your problems. There was also a game update yesterday, if you open up windows store and click forza, you should see a little update box. If it's not there I suspect it's updated automatically, but for lots of ppl a manual update was needed.

Cheers guys, I'll install the new driver now and hopefully fixes this issue for me! ;)

EDIT: Should I install AMD Catalyst™ 15.11.1 Beta Driver? Or Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Hotfix?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking forwards to wheel support and mulitplayer. The rain effects are the best I've seen and the puddles feel like puddles when you hit them.

Soldato
I cant play it :( just gets to the loading screen and does nothing. believe its down to the g3258 cpu i have. just need to keep on looking for 2nd hand cpu so i can play it :)

Soldato
I've tried both drivers mentioned above and the game is still unplayable. It stutters like mad and the frame rate is ridiculously low, like 5-10fps.

Is the game running this bad for any of you guys?

Weird. Game is absolutely flying for me, 1440p everything at the highest setting with 4xmsaa. Game never ever drops from perfection. You definitely should not be having such problems.

Soldato
Weird. Game is absolutely flying for me, 1440p everything at the highest setting with 4xmsaa. Game never ever drops from perfection. You definitely should not be having such problems.

I managed to get it working in the end, I'm liking it now. It's a bit buggy but its working ok.

Weirdly enough on the official Forza 6 forums there's a thread with loads of people having the same problem I had and they said the way to fix it was to disable your wireless 360 joy pad and any other USB peripheral. So I did that and it worked. And it was defaulted to low settings and low resolution but I changing resolution to 1080P and high settings and now its fine.

If anyone else has problems, try these three things that worked for me:
1) Press and Keep hold of the Page-Up key when launching the game to bi-pass the message that won't let you run the game.
2) Install latest graphic drivers from ATI/Nvidia.
3) Disable usb and wireless joypads.

I re-enabled my xbox 360 wireless joypad for windows when I was in the game and it works fine. No more stuttering or frame rate issues. Only done about three races with three different cars on three different tracks and all seems good now. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looking forwards to wheel support and mulitplayer. The rain effects are the best I've seen and the puddles feel like puddles when you hit them.

There has been no confirmation, or even a suggestion, that MP is coming.

Edit: Its been confirmed Apex is SP only:

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex utilizes the cloud-based Drivatars of your Xbox Live Friends and the Xbox One community, as well as asynchronous leaderboards for comparing your Race Points, but the game will not feature online multiplayer or the livery design editor.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_apex_beta_announce

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom