What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
If i do purchase another seiko ill likely go for a black/blue turtle reissue. Though ive spied an original 6309 turtle with a pepsi bezel for £175.00 which is very tempting.

Ive seen some quite garish colour combinations of the SSC0 series, including one with a green and orange bezel. Ideal for an irish man.:D

Caporegime
How does one attach a rubber strap to one of these deployments?

I want to get a nice thick red or orange rubber strap for my TopGun.
Does the rubber strap have a spring bar attach point on the end, it attaches like in this pic below of a casio i own, albeit on a leather strap.

Left side of the pic shows the deployment attached to the strap. Right side shows the clasp in the open position with the strap removed.

Associate
Here's a quick phone snap of a new diver PRS-82 that's just arrived. Liked the fact it is 40mm (I have small wrists) and goes with loads of different strap choices so is versatile.

Precista.jpg

Soldato
Anyone have any experience on the Miro Quartz watch?
Currently on Massdrop for around £60 and really like the subtility of the watch.
My current SKX007 is away for repair and don't know hwen that will be back and my wrist feels empty.
From a quick read around, general consensus is that quality may not be anywhere near as good as the seiko but it has the looks.

Associate
Lots of nice eye candy on here.

Just an update from a few (hundred) pages back.

After being burgled and losing all of my watches I decided upon replacing them with Seiko. Namely a SARB 017 and a 35.

Unfortunately , the accuracy was way off. So I took the plunge and and had a go at self regulating.

Result? My 17 is now running at +/ -2 / day and the 35 is more or less null.

There's a lot to be said for buying a relatively cheap watch and dicking around with it.

Maybe we should start a new thread?

Never mind how much it cost or how much it's worth. How accurate is it?
#

Associate
Oh, and yeah. Can you tell the time when it's dark?

The 17 never leaves my wrist. I sleep with it on. It's the first watch I've owned that a) I can tell the time at 3am or whatever without reaching for my glasses and b) I can actually tell the time.

Important.

Associate
Oh, and yeah. Can you tell the time when it's dark?

The 17 never leaves my wrist. I sleep with it on. It's the first watch I've owned that a) I can tell the time at 3am or whatever without reaching for my glasses and b) I can actually tell the time.

Important.

Thats nice; and thats why I always wear my Steinhart at night. The Big Omega is also very good but I risk knocking myself unconscious with it :)
The Steiny is both small and VERY bright at night; my wife keeps mentioning I could probably read by the light of the watch ;)

Caporegime
I dont personally wear a watch in bed, id likely end up knocking it against the wall. Lume on my steinhart ocean one is pretty good too though.

Very impressed with steinhart as a brand so looking to add a few more from them soon.

Ocean premium blue.

And the ocean vintage red.

Purchased the ocean one green i have from chronomaster, but the premium blue works out slightly cheaper if bought direct from steinhart.

Back
Top Bottom