What watch do you wear?

Associate
Wrist size and how the watches interact with your wrist's 'contours' will affect things like how the watch sits on your wrist.

The Sea Dweller...well, I tried one and it just flopped straight over to one side due to its thickness, case back shape and weight. I knew right then and there it wouldn't be for me due to just how hugely the case sat off my wrist. Watches don't work on everyone's wrists, and it's all about getting the right watch for your wrist. Some just will not work.

Got another link removed from the Rolex and fine tuned it with the Glidelock system, it sits perfectly now. Even more comfortable than my Seamaster which is saying something!

It's a very tall piece but I find I wear it more than my Omega, absolutely love it.

Soldato
Here is the Orient Sun/Moon (Black) that arrived a few days ago. Very much pleased with the overall quality of the device given it's low price. My first Orient and automatic and I'm so happy.

IMG_20160518_180321.jpg

IMG_20160518_180621.jpg

IMG_20160518_181933.jpg

Soldato
Anyone here heard of a brand called 'South Audley'? I've seen a watch today I really liked while window shopping but it had no price. I'm assuming it's either super-expensive or cheap Chinese tat?

Associate
Hi guys,

Did a cheeky mod to my SKX009 by adding a super oyster bracelet and new bezel.

Before:

Seiko_Skx009_1.jpg

After:

IMG_2133.jpg

What do you guys think? The mod was incredibly easy to do, however I'm slightly worried I did not put enough rubber cement to glue the new bezel in place.

Thanks

Soldato
Anyone here heard of a brand called 'South Audley'? I've seen a watch today I really liked while window shopping but it had no price. I'm assuming it's either super-expensive or cheap Chinese tat?

Yeah but can't find anything. :(

South Audley if its the same South Audley I'm thnking of is quite popular in the Middle East.

If it's the following they are about £40

Shop%20South%20audley%20browns%20Analogue%20Watch%20for%20Men%20in%20Saudi_zps9bmrbdna.png

Caporegime
Currently have this citizen eco drive red arrows chronograph.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-uk/watches/watch-detail/?model=AT8060-09E

But not that impressed with the leather strap. Much prefer a bracelet. Wondering if it would be possible to get a bracelet from citizen. I see there's a model of this watch which features a bracelet. Specs seem the same.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-uk/watches/watch-detail/?model=AT8060-50E

Had a look at a few strapcode oyster type bracelets on the rain forest but not sure if they'd fit the particular case shape.

Soldato
Bought a watch i shouldnt have sold in the first place! i have had both the white and black, for me the black is a much nicer watch although the white takes more striking pictures

Exp 2 216570 (i know, the stickers are still on :o)

92da940a-e5e3-4844-b804-1ac4867bc000_zpsxnci3yf2.jpg

Soldato
Got another link removed from the Rolex and fine tuned it with the Glidelock system, it sits perfectly now. Even more comfortable than my Seamaster which is saying something!

It's a very tall piece but I find I wear it more than my Omega, absolutely love it.

Splendid news.

If my wrist could carry it off, I would have gone for an SD over a Sub.

Back
Top Bottom