• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1070 - any takers?

Associate
I'll defininitely be getting to 1070 - in about six years when I can pick one up on MM for about £50. Will be good for Witcher 3 and GTA V which I'll pick up in a steam sale for a few quid each. Currently enjoying Mafia 2 and HL2 EP1/2 on my 560ti :D

Associate
OP
Only thing matters how OC 1070@2000 (+/- 50) gonna fare compared to 980ti@1500 (+/- 50). Judging by Fire Strike results it flops magnificently.
While 980ti on Ebay starting to go ever so low as £360, it is becoming unreasonable to waste more than £350 on decent 1070.

agree. 980ti is the main competitor of 1070

Soldato
Yes either that or cheap 980ti by would prefer the 1070 as newer gen so less power draw etc and will be better optimised with forthcoming games.

Associate
Will be waiting to see AMDs offering first then comparing price/performance. Looking for 980ti levels of performance at least though for when my Vive arrives mid June. With the general improvements with pascal 1070 is looking favorable. I'll be looking for a decent aftermarket cooled one to keep quiet and boost reliably up to around 2ghz ideally.

Soldato
I'll be getting one as it stands. AMD have until the 10th to convince me otherwise. I'd love them to offer something better priced at sinilar performance.

Will probably get an FE (my case suits blower style) unless there's a confirmed ITX version worth waiting for, such as the Asus DirectCu Mini or Gigabyte ITX.

Associate
I'll be getting one as it stands. AMD have until the 10th to convince me otherwise. I'd love them to offer something better priced at sinilar performance.

Will probably get an FE (my case suits blower style) unless there's a confirmed ITX version worth waiting for, such as the Asus DirectCu Mini or Gigabyte ITX.

NDA doesn't end until the 29th.

Caporegime
If a custom card is around £350 I'll be having one - good performance, efficient, hopefully clocks well.

Can't wait to get rid of my 7990 and see the back of crossfire.

Back
Top Bottom