• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Soldato
Ive just been on OCUK to have a look though the list of cards available in stock. The price fluctuations on these cards is unreal, they are all over the place, ive never seen anything like it!

Soldato
Yeah I've decided to send the 1080's back. I'm going to put my Ti's back in after work tonight and get them nicely overclocked. I'll keep a hold of them until the 1080Ti and upgrade then.

10% OC to OC just not worth the price. 1080Ti should be a more justified upgrade for sure and i'll only buy 1080Ti's anyway.

As much as it pains me I think I'm making the right choice here.

Kaap, can you take me off TROH please :)

Caporegime
Yeah I've decided to send the 1080's back. I'm going to put my Ti's back in after work tonight and get them nicely overclocked. I'll keep a hold of them until the 1080Ti and upgrade then.

10% OC to OC just not worth the price. 1080Ti should be a more justified upgrade for sure and i'll only buy 1080Ti's anyway.

Did you fit blocks onto them?

Soldato

That truly is a shame. I just hope i do not end up being disappointed myself :(

Soldato
I can understand your reasoning Tyler. For me that extra 10% allows me the extra settings for playable frames at 1440P, so mine is a keeper :)

Well if you went under 50 before, and it now does not go under 60, then that would be 20% faster.

Associate
That 10% was my max OC on the Titan X against a stock 1080. It is 20% for the most stock V stock. I assume that was what he meant.

I think your titan x is held back by temps

I think if the temps was as cool as the gigabyte and you had a custom bios on it which would allow you to keep the clocks without going up and down we would see an even closer battle, nice review though and also you can pick up hybrid coolers from evga for around £60 new which is something to think about for people on 980 tis/titan x who want to breath abit more life into their cards

:) :cool:

I may rob my bros division and see what the benchies say :D ill also use shadowplay to keep it fair

Soldato
That 10% was my max OC on the Titan X against a stock 1080. It is 20% for the most stock V stock. I assume that was what he meant.

Can you post more benchmarks in more games? From those 2 you posted the 1080 barely looks 15% faster than your TX.

Soldato
Probably due to the CPU they're using, a 6700k @ 4.5ghz will be pushing the minimums up over Greg's 3930k @ 4.4ghz

You might have a point... I think with my CPU (4690k) the 1080 will be about right, eg. most of the time at 3440x1440 the GPU will be bottleneck but also CPU a bit. But with a 1080Tior 1180 etc. the CPU would be the bottleneck a lot more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom