• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, it was always a better buy than a flounders card but disappointed that the high end cards are offering nothing this time round except more cost.

You may as well buy the cheapest AIB card of choice with a better cooler than the flounders is all I am saying.

In fact since im going to watercool, that £529 clown card is looking very tempting atm

Well the problem is you have a choice of decent cooler with 2 years warranty, not so good cooler with 3 years, or a bit more for a decent cooler and 3 years warranty.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really need some updates on the FTW shipping and batches please... ben @ EVGA !

Lack of any concrete info is making me almost get a FE as I could have that in the next couple of days! I don't really want to get a FE but the waiting is taking so long as I have been on a 5870 for over a month already.

Soldato
Wow these cards from Nvidia dont seem all that special at all then :( limited OC'ing, seem to be already clocked to near maximum, no stock, ridiculous prices on the FE etc...

Had this been an AMD launch there would have been public lynchings lol, but its ok its Nvidia, with the market share they have they can afford to over charge customers and under deliver, they may lose 20% market share but will still be the dominate factor and we all know how good they are at brushing stuff under the carpet and people have short memories (3.5gb 970?).

Kinda funny none the less, the cards look good, i just think they are massively overpriced, but Nvidia had no room to move as they couldnt put them under the 980ti price, as they had already done that to the TitanX with the 980ti.

Overclockers Dream :p

Associate
Honest question, why would you pick the cheaper card over a better clocked card with more power connections(& more expensive)? Would a EVGA FTW cad not be better under water?

So far it appears that extra power is useless as the Pascal architecture has a ceiling that AIB cards can't improve on.

Caporegime
Honest question, why would you pick the cheaper card over a better clocked card with more power connections(& more expensive)? Would a EVGA FTW cad not be better under water?

Cause its looking like it will make no difference.

1. Okay better default clock but who is going to leave it at that? There is as much chance the clown card will have a better max overclock as the FTW card.
2. More power connectors are showing absolutely no difference in your maximum stable clock.
3. The only thing which seems to make any difference is having enough cooling to keep the card below 82C and putting a water block on will solve that.
4. In the FTW case, its a none ref board and waterblocks arent out until next month.

So for the cost of a FTW, I could have a clown card and waterblock.......

Soldato
It makes sense for Nvidia though... why not clock the cards higher out of the box, with less OC room... then they look better in reviews and nobody can really complain as OC is luck anyway. For example the gap between a stock 980ti and heavily OC is massive, but it still makes the 980ti look a lot worse in reviews compared to 1080, most people probably just scan a few reviews and get whichever is best.

Associate
Don't get me wrong, it was always a better buy than a flounders card but disappointed that the high end cards are offering nothing this time round except more cost.

You may as well buy the cheapest AIB card of choice with a better cooler than the flounders is all I am saying.

In fact since im going to watercool, that £529 clown card is looking very tempting atm

Same watercooling so ordered the msi aero before it went up by £20ish don't care what the stock cooler looks as its going in the box

Associate
Gibbo, can you tell us if this is for people who order now or if pre-orders will be in on 17th please?

If you watch this video the Inno3d rep does say the end of June.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHK_BcNPVOw

I was hoping that it was just a stab in the dark as he looked a bit unsure.

I've swapped to the Gainward card now so knowing my luck the Gainward cards won't be available for months! :)
I was having second thoughts about the 4th fan on the X4 and noise anyway. Seen a review of the Gainward GLH card and it was cool and quiet. Hoping the GS version is similar OC wise (just less of a factory overclock).

I am first in the queue though! :) Woo yey! (I think).

Last edited:
Associate
FYI anyone with an Inno3D X4 on order the ETA has changed to the 30th of June.
I'm trying to change my order to the Gainward GS card instead.

oh FFS, it was showing in stock on the day, then changed and changed again. That is a month OC will have my money with no card and false dates on pre-orders.

In fact 3 out of the 4 Inno3D cards are now showing ANOTHER 2 week delay.

Back
Top Bottom