Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I wonder what the ramification will be for Northern Ireland. They voted to remain.
Will they put their religious differences aside and join the Republic of Ireland?

They voted as the UK, not as individual countries.

Unless you think Cheltenham should be independent too? Or those of us who voted remain?

Associate
What gets it for me is people who say "the people have clearly spoken".

NO THEY HAVEN'T! The results are almost a 50/50 split down the middle!

If anything, the people are divided.

If the vote came in at 49.9% leave/ 50.1% remain, you would be singing a completely different tune.

Don
[TW]Fox;29682665 said:
They voted as the UK, not as individual countries.

Unless you think Cheltenham should be independent too? Or those of us who voted remain?

Yes, I know that. Don't be obtuse.
Scotland are having a referendum again so I was wondering if NI would too.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I read the "eu reaction to brexit" sub-stories on bbc this morning. 3 of the 5 positive quotes were from far right nationalists from italy and france.

Says it all.

Caporegime
As far as I know, the only people I work with that have voted out are the unskilled warehouse workers. The rest of us, various mechanical engineers, projects managers etc, voted in.

Nearly everyone on the shop floor at airbus was out it seems. Except the unskilled warehouse/logistics lads.

Cause theyre all Polish

Soldato
Except, won't they say to us, 'lol what, you're complaining about stretched services when your population is increasing, due to migration, by 0.5%/year? And you're choosing not to invest enough money in them? And more than half your net migration is migration you're choosing not to stop?' ?

Again, you you demonstrate we'd be able to apply the emergency brake? Have you looked at how previous applications of it have been asked for/why they've been accepted/etc? You seem to be guessing/hoping/asserting, which isn't particularly reassuring...

This is irrelevant to the argument. The position is we are leaving the EU. The next step is negotiation of the terms. There are things we will gain and things we will lose. The best situation and one that will certainly happen is the win-win situation. Ultimately freedom of movement makes not one bit of difference to the EU and they will concede on this. Free trade is the top priority and both will agree on that.

Soldato
I think it would be a mistake for Scotland to do anything before they see what happens to the EU over the coming 12 months.

Other EU member states are nearing the point of requesting a referendum so jumping ship to the EU when it's future is as uncertain as the UK's seems like a huge mistake.

Soldato
Aye, crazy. Who's going to suffer? The Welsh.

Yeah, between 2007-2013 the EU gave them 1.8 billion in 'structural funding' I'm sure Westminster will give us that..... right guys? Looks like Cornwall and the North East of England was receiving a lot of aid too but don't worry we are going to save loads of money with that £350 million not going to the EU anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom