Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I do think in true British style we ought to make a big joke and laugh about this entire matter now.

With the nation split in half and at one another's throats I think the only thing that might mitigate tearing us all down from the inside might be to just shrug, take a look at yourself and just lol. I think I might go and put monty python on.

Soldato
Soldato
The wording of the petition doing the rounds is:

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

Is it just me or does that not make any sense?? Based a turnout? :confused:

Soldato
I do think in true British style we ought to make a big joke and laugh about this entire matter now.

With the nation split in half and at one another's throats I think the only thing that might mitigate tearing us all down from the inside might be to just shrug, take a look at yourself and just lol. I think I might go and put monty python on.

Tis but a scratch!

Caporegime

Did you read that article? It neatly lays out how it is pretty rubbish compared with what have now and also how it will be difficult for us to even get this due to our situation and our geography.

Thinking we will get anywhere near as good a trade deal as we have now without freedom of movement is a pipe dream.

It would undermine the whole of the EU if they gave it to us.

Soldato
HA, the EU just doesn't know when to stop..
This is the biggest wake up call they'll have (until the rest of them want to leave) and what do they want to do about it.....
the paper says the EU must now accept that the "process of deepening integration is reversible, and may try to make the separation process so difficult that no other country will try it".

Incredulous... and you wonder why I voted out!!

Soldato
"take a look at yourself and just lol."

prob is RoboCod thats what everyone OUTSIDE of the UK is thinking about us....

I think the rest of the World - not just the EU - think we're a complete joke now

Soldato
I'm concerned and disappointed but I'm not going around insulting those who voted for what they believe in. I know it is uncertain but going for each others beliefs and insulting them is not going to make it more stable.

It cuts both ways.

It's very difficult for people to accept a decision which puts the countries economic security so fundamentally at risk, when the arguments people cite for leaving are so weak and/or misguided.

If an old lady in her seventies votes leave because of some nostalgic sentiment to return this country to the 70s, and people lose there job, that's pretty insulting.

If someone who has clearly never worked votes leave because migrants put strain on the NHS, that pretty insulting.

If someone votes leave because they feel like they're entitled to a better life, but can't explain how leaving the EU helps, that's pretty insulting.

If some votes leave because they believe Boris and Gove speak for the ordinary person, that's pretty insulting.

If someone voted leave, because "they didn't think we would leave", and then wakes up the next morning with regret and fear, that's pretty insulting.

If people vote leave who live in areas that receive vast sums of money from the EU, but expect the rest of us to pick up the tab, that's pretty insulting.

The leave vote has been every shade of stupid.

Soldato
What i was thinking is that it should be elected for the reason you stated, but made of Technocrats and not politicians. So leaders and people from industry and the public services etc.

If that actually worked we wouldnt need the first house, it would never happen, they wouldnt be independant, they would be party aligned, and it would just be two of the same thing.

Man of Honour
In or out, this vote has done a lot of damage. Whoever is elected in October to replace DC is going to have a very though job of overseeing us leaving and rebuilding the confidence of half the voters.

Whoever takes over will be remembered as a failure.

Things that might happen:

They see how bad it is, cancel the brexit, and cause even more unrest.
They see how bad it is, don't cancel the brexit, and cause even more unrest.

There's no way to win. They either go against the referendum result, or they go with the result and deliver us into a future with either freedom of movement for EU nationals or they deliver a trade deal that gets us truly shafted by tariffs.

You'd be mad to take it. The Cons would be committing suicide if they called a GE but any individual taking the PM role is effectively falling on his sword from the outset.

Still, he'll be paid well for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom