Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Imagine dave the bloke down the road anouncing hes going to secede and form his own state in his back garden.

Thats basicaly what happened there.

Lol! Dave the bloke down the road isn't exactly Scotland is it? And Dave's back garden isn't exactly the same as the Scottish land mass is it?

Pmsl

Don
I see what you mean Tefal, but could they not force the act of parliament required to allow the referendum? I appreciate that they can't do it unilaterally and require permission from the UK government to proceed.

Soldato
There jobs will get offshored regardless of whether were in the EU or not. If bosses can save a few quid on the staff budget they will grab at it.

So who do we blame for the failure of Remain? Cameron's negative campaigning, lies from the leave side or Jeremy Corbyn's lack of effort to encourage his own voters to vote remain?

100%.

They underestimated how savvy and brave ordinary people were. They totally believed we'd **** ourselves like the Scots did when faced with Cameron's Armageddon nonsense part deux. We'd seen it all before.

The BBC was also far more balanced than it was in the Scots ref.

Caporegime
Why are you so sure?

As pointed out by others they'd be insane to at this point.

They need to wait and see.

And by the time the wait and see is over most will have stopped freaking out about leaving the eu so that mimentum will be dead and theres the posibility others will have left in that time making going back and joining the euro very unpalatable.

Soldato
Wow, people need to calm down.

I'm pretty sure in 25 years time the UK will not be a lifeless, barren rock. In fact, I'm going to guess that things will be pretty much as they always have been.

Let's just see what this new avenue brings. The world keeps on turning regardless.

Man of Honour
We won't. It's just some BS dream of the SNP and their freedom followers. I know plenty of people who voted remain, yet would vote to stay in the UK.

It does seem odd that they'd vote to leave one union in order to join another. In a choice between UK or EU surely UK is better for Scotland?

Caporegime
If Scotland leave, will they adopt the Euro?

That was the scare tactics that the Euro big wigs said last time. If Scotland go independent and want to be part of the EU, they have to go through accession talks and join the € as any new member would. They don't automatically stay in.

Whether that will happen, who knows?

Soldato
This is irrelevant to the argument. The position is we are leaving the EU. The next step is negotiation of the terms. There are things we will gain and things we will lose. The best situation and one that will certainly happen is the win-win situation. Ultimately freedom of movement makes not one bit of difference to the EU and they will concede on this. Free trade is the top priority and both will agree on that.

again if you think that they will openly agree trade without a free movement clause in there somewhere you are delusional. The EU commission and those pro EU governments who have the biggest pull at those negotiating tables are going to see to it that the UK is punished to ensure that there is no contagion. If the UK walks away post Article 50 with all the benefits of free trade and no free movement clauses then the EU is over. If you honestly think that the pro EU lobby is going to sit at that table and preside over that then you need your head examined.

Seriously people, party hard for the next 2 years while the Article 50 negs are going on because the UK is going to emerge more castrated than a eunuch from the deals it will have to strike and then the party will be over and the cold dawn of living in a country that has nothing but out of control unemployment and no real future for it's youth will start to settle in.

Personally I am going to sell up and go out in a blaze of drugs, booze and prostitutes...................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom