Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
You have to boil it down to the necessities and work up from there. Remove the ideologies and come to an agreement. They are going to work on what they can agree first which is certainly free trade etc. Then they will work through the rest.

Why would they automatically agree on free trade, to put themselves at a competitive disadvantage with the UK?

Caporegime
As pointed out by others they'd be insane to at this point.

They need to wait and see.

And by the time the wait and see is over most will have stopped freaking out about leaving the eu so that mimentum will be dead and theres the posibility others will have left in that time making going back and joining the euro very unpalatable.

They have a leader (Sturgeon) who will be eyeing up calling a vote as a career (and legacy) defining vote. She will see her name being in the history books for giving Scotland independence (assuming they vote out) I imagine they will push hard for it. Could blow up in her face though and people could vote stay part of the UK, which would be embarrassing.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29682731 said:
Yes, and border controls with England. I can't see how you can have no border between an EU and a non EU state unless both are Schengen signatories.

Can't we just get the scots to pay for a wall?

Lets call it, oh I don't know.....Hadrians Wall?

Associate
Why are all the remainers so flippin' sanctimonious, it's doing my nut in. There where many people far and above your intellect and social status who voted to leave. Can you all stop pulling the other one with the whole 'chavs / working class / uneducated / ignorant / Nazi's' voted out.

I don't hear any of this from the leave side, fair enough we are winding you up a rotten one but I don't see that we're anywhere near as sanctimonious as the average remainer comes across.

The word 'humble' springs to mind, a trait many of the remain MP's would do well to embrace at this time.

Soldato
Its a bit ridiculous everyone losing thier **** over the events of the first few hours.

Go grab a beer sit in the sun things will be much more back to normal by tomorrow.

Ftse has already rose back up to only a 4% dip and is showing steady slow growth.

The pound has jumped back up with the boe promises and looks set to slowly rise again.

There has been a huge smount of speculating going on which is going to screw with prices a little bit.

Gontake a break and come back and then think if youd be acreaming like a girl about what the situation is in a few days
What sun?

Soldato
They have about as much say in Westminsters decision to grant them it though.

How is anyone going to deny an entire nation's request to be part of the EU? Practically all of Scotland voted to be a part of the EU, and they're not being allowed to.

The UK is a political Union of four countries. If the wishes of one of those countries aren't met then it sets the precident for leave referendum.

Soldato
That was the scare tactics that the Euro big wigs said last time. If Scotland go independent and want to be part of the EU, they have to go through accession talks and join the € as any new member would. They don't automatically stay in.

Whether that will happen, who knows?

I would imagine that as part of the punishment the UK is about to receive, if Scotland vote for independence the EU will take them with open arms and likely bend a few rules to let them in so they can further twist the knife into the "little englanders"

The UK is finished, party hard now while you have the chance because in 2 years time it will all be over and all those misinformed chavs will realise that they just literally sold the shirt off their children's backs because they didn't like DC.

Soldato
Why would they automatically agree on free trade, to put themselves at a competitive disadvantage with the UK?

That is not a disadvantage. Big business such as VW will lobby hard for the EU accept this. Plus it is in both their interests. The easy win-win situations will get through quickly. Lose-lose will be avoided. Win-lose will be where there is compromise to make it win-win for both.

Soldato
I would imagine that as part of the punishment the UK is about to receive, if Scotland vote for independence the EU will take them with open arms and likely bend a few rules to let them in so they can further twist the knife into the "little englanders"

The UK is finished, party hard now while you have the chance because in 2 years time it will all be over and all those misinformed chavs will realise that they just literally sold the shirt off their children's backs because they didn't like DC.

Dear oh dear...

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom