• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Soldato
I can't see it, as Nvidia own the market, just about every game that comes out now is one of theirs, apart from the odd one, and we've already started to see what they run like on AMDs cards, with ROTTR.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_review,13.html

Furys beaten off the 980s, and the 970 only a couple or same frames behind em, so much for them being the supposed kings of Dx12, and smashing Nvidia to bloody bits!, and there will be more coming like that as well, and for a good while yet, as AMD don't have any marketshare to do anything about it, it doesn't matter that they are in all the consoles, as once those games come to the PC, they'll be done for Nvidia, as they own it.

Rise Of the Tomb Raider is one exception so far. But Like I have said before looking at a chart doesn't explain the full picture.

Looking at the 970 42 fps avg @1440p looks ok or 63fps @1080p far from the true though.

We all need to stop reading benchmarks and judging a GPU based alone on Xamount Frame BAH BAH
Cm_IBi_v_Uo_AABSDl.jpg

Associate
Seriously dude.

It's called supply and demand, basic economics.

If you don't like it go else where, but give it a rest!

I dont get why people think that companies shouldnt try and get the most money they can from a product. As a consumer I try and get the best deal as a supplier they will also try and get the best deal they can. If the price goes up and people still buy it then its simply the free market deciding the market price for something.

Caporegime
With Nvidia owning the market, were only going to get the odd game like Hitman, where they'll be handing them their asses.

Thats going to be absolutely nothing, compared to the amount of games, Nvidia will be handing AMDs theirs.

AMD need marketshare back before they can attempt to change it, but looking at how far Nvidia are ahead of them, its going to be a long, long time, as AMD just can not compete now. :(

Last edited:
Associate
With Nvidia owning the market, were only going to get the odd game like Hitman, where they'll be handing them their asses.

Thats going to be absolutely nothing, compared to the amount of games, Nvidia will be handing AMDs theirs.

AMD need marketshare back before they can attempt to change it, but looking at how far Nvidia are ahead of them, its going to be a long, long time, as AMD just can not compete. :(

You seem to be laying the groundwork to advocate for some form of consumer action?

Soldato

AMD need marketshare back before they can attempt to change it, but looking at how far Nvidia are ahead of them, its going to be a long, long time, as AMD just can not compete. :(

We'll just after wait and see :p AMD atm seems to have a good amount of backing from Devs with there DX12 and Vulkan support. DX12 titles alone AMD has been talking and showing much more than Nvidia has showcased.

Soldato

So where are all these games. If anything apart from the high end Amd have been gaining on Nvidia and took them over in a lot of price brackets. Nvidia still have there name on a lot of games but have had no real impact. What you are saying still might happen but over the last year the opposite has happened. Amd even gained some market share back in the first quarter. If OCUK sales are anything to go by the 480 is selling like hot cakes. Reviews for the RX480 were favorable as well. Things are looking up at this moment in time for AMD.

Soldato
I didn't know it had Dx12, as ive only seen it reviewed in Dx11.

where they'll be handing them their asses.

Stop backtracking - I have a GTX960 4GB which has gone from trading blows with a R9 380/R9 285 4GB to being beaten by it in more and more Gameworks titles.

You are being totaly disgenuous in hyping up all this Nvidia sponsorship of games,all of sudden making the competing cards worthless because of that.

Man of Honour
We'll just after wait and see :p AMD atm seems to have a good amount of backing from Devs with there DX12 and Vulkan support. DX12 titles alone AMD has been talking and showing much more than Nvidia has showcased.

nVidia has been focusing on Vulkan lately over DX12 for some reason - and ironically pushing it more than AMD are.

Soldato
nVidia has been focusing on Vulkan lately over DX12 for some reason - and ironically pushing it more than AMD are.

I don't believe they pushing it anymore than AMD tbh, Nvidia did showcase it running Doom and so have AMD.
With AMDs situation on the Vulkan Development am sure AMD is in a better place than Nvidia or just has good.

Soldato
Apparently Elder Scrolls Online is getting a Dx12 patch at some point... did not know that, i often play it, i bought the Imperial edition and levelled up but the end game grind was boring so i stopped subbing, but every so often i log back in for a whirl, will be interesting to see what DX12 brings to the table.

Graphically its the best MMORPG ive played, and runs fairly well on my rig also, so definitely interested to see what DX12 brings to the table with it.

Man of Honour
I don't believe they pushing it anymore than AMD tbh, Nvidia did showcase it running Doom and so have AMD.
With AMDs situation on the Vulkan Development am sure AMD is in a better place than Nvidia or just has good.

They are working far more with developers to push Vulkan than AMD, the first game (not Doom) updated to support it and the first game engine built with Vulkan as a fundamental component are nVidia supported and they are pushing out a lot more documentation on it.

Caporegime
Read other thread, reason price went up is because they sold out and AMD refused ocuk another order said they won't make any more 4gb. As of now, ocuk is the only place in Europe with 4GB cards and there is only few left.

Well i find it very hard to believe the SKU that they based this entire "$199 better red" campaign on will only have a small run of 4 gig units and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom