• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Soldato
I think people are confusing driver support with game support. The developers are the ones who will get more out of the 480.
This GPU will really shine once we start seeing more and more DX12 & Vulkan titles plus aftermarket editions will help unlock more performance.

Caporegime
Supply and demand?

No other UK retailers have any stock (of 4GB), OcUK may have sold more than expected or now not received as many hoped, so price has gone up to compensate (and/or to drive sales to the 8GB versions that they do have plentiful stock of)

The 4 gig has yet to go out of stock so clearly supply and demand is not an issue. As i said its likely more will be going for the 8 gig card.

Soldato
The price increasing for no reason would be the issue in question i think..Its went up almost £15 in the space of a few hours with stock already in hand.

Read other thread, reason price went up is because they sold out and AMD refused ocuk another order said they won't make any more 4gb. As of now, ocuk is the only place in Europe with 4GB cards and there is only few left.

Associate
Supply and demand?

No other UK retailers have any stock (of 4GB), OcUK may have sold more than expected or now not received as many hoped, so price has gone up to compensate (and/or to drive sales to the 8GB versions that they do have plentiful stock of)

It's a plain scummy thing to do to your loyal customer base. No two ways around it and no excuse.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Can't decide whether to go with the 8gb at £199 today or wait for the after market prices. The pci-e power draw stuffs got me a little worried.

Soldato
So I take it you're getting one?

Am sure I have answered this question from you before? Lol

Waiting for the AIB GPUs I don't and never will buy reference design.
I expect the AIB GPUs to hit 1.4+ core speed this will bring performance to where I feel it worth a buy. Not has an upgrade more just want something new for now till big GPU from AMD.

Don
Soldato
If the 1060 offers the same performance for around $199 I think these cards will sell well

3gb maybe, 6gb is going to be absolutely no less than $239 or considering nvidia new pricing scheme and brackets $289 which will put it at £249-300. Otherwise they will have too big of a gap from 1070. 1050 is the card that wI'll come at sub 200.

Caporegime
I think people are confusing driver support with game support. The developers are the ones who will get more out of the 480.
This GPU will really shine once we start seeing more and more DX12 & Vulkan titles plus aftermarket editions will help unlock more performance.

I can't see it, as Nvidia own the market, just about every game that comes out now is one of theirs, apart from the odd one, and we've already started to see what they run like on AMDs cards, with ROTTR.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_review,13.html

Furys beaten off the 980s, and the 970 only a couple or same frames behind em, so much for them being the supposed kings of Dx12, and smashing Nvidia to bloody bits ey!, and there will be more coming like that as well, and for a good while yet, as AMD don't have any marketshare to do anything about it, it doesn't matter that they are in all the consoles, as once those games come to the PC, they'll be done for Nvidia, as they own it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't see it, as Nvidia own the market, just about every game that comes out now is one of theirs, apart from the odd one, and we've already started to see what they run like on AMDs cards, with ROTTR.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_review,13.html

Furys beaten off the 980s, and the 970 only a couple or same frames behind em, when they are the supposed kings of Dx12, and should be smashing Nvidia to bloody bits!, and there will be more coming like that as well, and for a good while yet, as AMD don't have any marketshare to do anything about it, it doesn't matter that they are in all the consoles, as once those games come to the PC, they'll be done for Nvidia, as they own it.

Why did you not link the Hitman bench which showed the 980ti getting beaten by the 390x. Things over the last 6 months to a year have not been half as bad for AMD with the majority of games running great on Amd hardware.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_review,14.html

Back
Top Bottom