• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Man, I thought I got my FTW when I saw this:

BCxVhmo.png

but when I checked, it was just another item I ordered which was shipped instead :p:( I am in the 2nd batch though so am still hopeful for next week!

Soldato
No update from Smffy yet, hope he gets it sorted.

So I spoke to them this morning, basically some thermal paste in the order was nowhere to be found in the warehouse so it was held up due to that. Ben @ OCUK just called back to confirm they are allocated and refunded the paste so the rest will arrive Monday as planned!

So it's all good it seems...

Associate
Hi all, yesterday I caved, and in store I swapped my ftw order for a standard palit gamerock edition. Was told there were 40 cards unallocated, so I could walk out with it there and then. The 6 super jetstreams were allocated unfortunately. Service was very good, and before long it was in my PC and boosting to 1949mhz out of the box, eating up games for breakfast. I have no regrets, it's an awesome card. someone else can take 73rd in the queue!

Caporegime
Hi all, yesterday I caved, and in store I swapped my ftw order for a standard palit gamerock edition. Was told there were 40 cards unallocated, so I could walk out with it there and then. The 6 super jetstreams were allocated unfortunately. Service was very good, and before long it was in my PC and boosting to 1949mhz out of the box, eating up games for breakfast. I have no regrets, it's an awesome card. someone else can take 73rd in the queue!

Just a shame the gamerock was only £550 when you preordered your FTW.............

Associate
Well pailt/gainward and MSI make better 1080s than Asus so I dont blame people for picking them

I would have changed to the Gainward already if it wasnt 2.5 slots wide (I plan to SLI)

Starting to wonder when the 1080 Ti will come out. Might just cancel my orders altogether.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a shame the gamerock was only £550 when you preordered your FTW.............

Yep, that's true but I weighed it all up and decided to do it anyway. I think it was pretty good value for what it was anyway. There was that pressure to wait because the original price for the FTW would be honoured, but now i'm off to play games on my 1080. can the people waiting on cards say that?

Soldato
So I spoke to them this morning, basically some thermal paste in the order was nowhere to be found in the warehouse so it was held up due to that. Ben @ OCUK just called back to confirm they are allocated and refunded the paste so the rest will arrive Monday as planned!

So it's all good it seems...

Good to hear mate.

Associate
Paid OCUK ~1300 quid via PayPal - Debit Card, not PayPal credit - for Xtreme PP and Xtreme, 3 weeks ago. Only reason I used PayPal is my bank like to decline my debit card on large orders, despite calling them multiple times to sort that out. PayPal, however, is never declined by my bank.

Anyway. Xtreme PP is at OCUK HQ, allocated to my order. Xtreme will be another 2~ weeks.

Due to paying with PayPal, OCUK "can't" split the order (i.e. send me the PP first) without me spending even more money (700~) to be refunded at a later date, as well as losing my place in the queue for the second card.

You live and you learn, I guess :( - don't use PayPal for multiple item orders!

Associate
yeah, sure makes it harder to switch.

As long as you have another card to use while waiting, you're fine. People who sold their cards and have nothing however ...

Person who sold his old card, reporting for duty. Got high hopes for Monday.

Sold my 770 on 4th June :mad: Been sitting with no games to play for over a month now :(

Associate
ASUS are really having trouble :'(

I've been waiting 42 days.

1080 STRIX OC.

£620.

You are exactly 100th in the pre-order queue for this card. (07/07/2016 11:40)

Last edited:
Associate
You guys waiting over 40 days should just switch to a different model. Who knows how long you'll have to wait. Asus seems to be extremely slow this gen? MSI Gaming X 1080 would be my second choice or if you look around a EVGA SC.

This absolutely, just to send a message if nothing else! However, myself and quite a few of the moaning ASUS crowd are on a £620 pre-order, which, as a scotsman is worth being patient for.

Someone mentioned ASUS GPUs not being great, in my experience they have been awesome. I am still running a 670GTX and it still runs anything i throw at it (except Ashes of Singularity thinking about it) quite well.

I just hope it is worth the wait and the bad PR is not making them rush an unfit product, as that would be the final nail in their coffin!

Associate
This absolutely, just to send a message if nothing else! However, myself and quite a few of the moaning ASUS crowd are on a £620 pre-order, which, as a scotsman is worth being patient for.

Someone mentioned ASUS GPUs not being great, in my experience they have been awesome. I am still running a 670GTX and it still runs anything i throw at it (except Ashes of Singularity thinking about it) quite well.

I just hope it is worth the wait and the bad PR is not making them rush an unfit product, as that would be the final nail in their coffin!

Scotsman here too so it's far too much trouble (and money) to change to another gpu. At £620 the strix is a steal but the wait is killing me slowly :mad: Also has a gtx 770 and it worked excellently for me until the day I sold it!

Associate
Lmfao just as I get my ftw edition delivered Today. I've just got a dispatch notice from Amazon for the Asus 1080 strix. Considering the price I paid for the strix (£589)is £20 less than the ftw edition from Overclockers I think I'll keep the strix!
Isn't it slightly hilarious that Amazon have got the strix in before ocuk? The power of these .coms!!

Either that or sell it, even with all the fleabay fees these cards are going for a premium.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom