• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
You might still lose using that method, but I think the customer would be happier not paying until delivery. It's a minor issue for me, but it did surprise me.

Pre-order at a specific price. Get charged that price on the day it's delivered. I honestly though this was standard across retailers until I ordered this 1080. I was shocked it went out on the day and given this extremely long wait, it doesn't feel necessary.

Anyone who was ordering from another country will have actually been somewhat screwed by how the exchange rates changed after their pre-order. Of course that could have happened either way.

From the vat point of view its a pain in the *** as well. I don't know if they are accounting this correctly but in this situation the payment date should be treated as tax point and vat should be accounted for but I've seen on my invoice that they are using 'date of shipment/supply' as a tax point. Just saying lol.
Is it possible to split the order and send stuff that is in stock now and do not loose a place in queue for Strix? My 6950x is sitting at home but my mobo is with OC till 2nd of June:/

Soldato
From the vat point of view its a pain in the *** as well. I don't know if they are accounting this correctly but in this situation the payment date should be treated as tax point and vat should be accounted for but I've seen on my invoice that they are using 'date of shipment/supply' as a tax point. Just saying lol.
Is it possible to split the order and send stuff that is in stock now and do not loose a place in queue for Strix? My 6950x is sitting at home but my mobo is with OC till 2nd of June:/

Contact OcUK customer service and they will sort something out for you. You might get charged extra for postage but they might also be generous.

Soldato
Didn't get my confirmation it is shipping, I was #27 in the FTWhen queue so I guess I'll find out if something happens tomorrow but if not I'm not sure why I missed it... We shall see!

Soldato
Didn't get my confirmation it is shipping, I was #27 in the FTWhen queue so I guess I'll find out if something happens tomorrow but if not I'm not sure why I missed it... We shall see!

You should have called CS before they closed today? They would have found out for you. Call in the morning. I will say though if you didn't get a email you probably missed out this week. Call in the morning and see what they say.

Soldato
You should have called CS before they closed today? They would have found out for you. Call in the morning. I will say though if you didn't get a email you probably missed out this week. Call in the morning and see what they say.

I spoke to them about 3:30 to add a few things to my order, everything seemed good to go and I was expecting my 2 cards to be fine given I've been well within the first 50 when they started being sorted out. They even asked if I wanted Saturday delivery but I'm not around until Monday anyway.

Couldn't call after that, was travelling up north ironically... We shall see, didn't feel like hassling Gibbo etc was necessary and they were clearly busy... Unless of course about 20 early strix people swapped over when they knew some were arriving which would be a bit of a flaw in the system allocating by date.

Last edited:
Soldato
I spoke to them about 3:30 to add a few things to my order, everything seemed good to go and I was expecting my 2 cards to be fine given I've been well within the first 50 when they started being sorted out. They even asked if I wanted Saturday delivery but I'm not around until Monday anyway.

Couldn't call after that, was travelling up north ironically... We shall see, didn't feel like hassling Gibbo etc was necessary and they were clearly busy.

I think adding to the list hurt you a little it would seem. Hope you can sort it tomorrow.

Associate
Anyone know when overclockers will have GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme WaterForce in stock? I think there was a few in stock this week but I was at work so I couldn't order it :(

Its this one:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...s-graphics-card-gv-n1080xtreme-gx-185-gi.html

If anyone got one can you make a review about it. Like Temp/noise and FPS ect.

Thanks.

Think if you scroll back a few days in this thread you'll see someone received one and posted some benches. Don't think it was too informative though.

Soldato

Couldn't call after that, was travelling up north ironically... We shall see, didn't feel like hassling Gibbo etc was necessary and they were clearly busy... Unless of course about 20 early strix people swapped over when they knew some were arriving which would be a bit of a flaw in the system allocating by date.

I think if someone ordered a card then they should either have to wait for that card they ordered (they decided to get that card after all) or they should cancel and get a different one. If I I do not get my card in next weeks batch then I am not going to be happy at all (I was 51-55 in the queue so just missed the first batch).

Last edited:
Soldato
I think adding to the list hurt you a little it would seem. Hope you can sort it tomorrow.

Yeah I'll give them a ring, seems pretty unlikely that volume of Strix swapped over given my order was 4:30 on May 27th. Guess I'll find out tomorrow, seems like my cards are probably already going somewhere else though so not a lot I can do about it.

Soldato
I really do not think this is fair at all, I think if someone ordered a card then they should either have to wait for that card they ordered (they decided to get that card after all) or they should cancel and get a different one. If I I do not get my card in next weeks batch then I am not going to be happy at all (I was 51-55 in the queue so just missed the first batch).

Correct, it isn't a fair system. Hear that certain brand is coming in to stock, jump ship and jump in front of people who ordered that product days, weeks, perhaps even a month prior!

Back
Top Bottom