• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Thanks Ben.

I was 23rd in the queue yesterday afternoon so I'm hoping lots of people haven't moved over.

Youll be fine mate not much has changed since last thursday only a couple of people switched so unless a load switched this afternoon youre good :) Hopefully im in the same situation though I was a bit behind you

Associate
Gibbo, any news on the Asus Strix Gaming card swap in place of the OC version? I know that the NO vote is winning but I was wondering if we who want to change can still do and if we can when will stock be coming? Thanks

Associate
Waiting for the ftw has been shocking but I feel for you guys that are waiting on the stric OC .You guys have definitely gotten it worse this time round . Must be frustrating for OC too with the complete lack of information from Asus

Associate
Tng1701e I think its just you and me online lol everyone else must be having a barbecue. I keep checking back to see if the 40 missing ftw cards have turned up but both Ben and Gibbo are offline . That wont stop me checking every 20 minutes just in case though . The ocd has kicked in and I want to know :confused:

Associate
Tng1701e I think its just you and me online lol everyone else must be having a barbecue. I keep checking back to see if the 40 missing ftw cards have turned up but both Ben and Gibbo are offline . That wont stop me checking every 20 minutes just in case though . The ocd has kicked in and I want to know :confused:

Lol, I'm glad it's not just me then. :D

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Not sure why people are so adamant out waiting out specific brands?

I just went for the Inno 2x when available mid June for 550. The cooler isn't great but it still does 2ghz. People are now at 600-650+ and effectively have missed out on 6 weeks of the 9 months or so that these cards will be top of the line.

Is there something I'm missing (besides aesthetics, tiny performance gains and warranty)?

Associate

I just went for the Inno 2x when available mid June for 550. The cooler isn't great but it still does 2ghz. People are now at 600-650+ and effectively have missed out on 6 weeks of the 9 months or so that these cards will be top of the line.

Is there something I'm missing (besides aesthetics, tiny performance gains and warranty)?

Its just the exchange rate so it would cost me quiet a bit more.

Associate

brexit is the reason for me holding out for a £620 strix.

I also find in my experience cards from Asus, MSI etc have better resale value

Edit: Also some people value Aesthetics and warranty, and some aficionados even want those extra fps no matter how small.

Last edited:
Associate

i paid £608 for my ftw so im not going to swap and pay extra

Associate
Rang up CS. Explained been waiting since 3rd June and that I'm not willing to wait more for Asus to get finger out of **** so swapped for the Asus Strix Non OC..

Hopefully I'll be able to reach some good clocks. Hope it comes soon for others pre-orders.

Back
Top Bottom