Poll: Tap Water. Do you drink it or use Bottled water?

Do you drink Tap or Bottled water?

• Tap

Votes: 554 89.4%
  • Bottle

Votes: 66 10.6%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Assuming it is crap.

When the well company visit the site, they drill a borehole and test the water in a lab. The report comes back. The client and the well company have a conversation and proceed as necessary. I then had the water retested after a couple of months and it showed much the same results with slightly more iron this time.

So you're not on mains water then?

Caporegime
Except they don't.

They'll drink from pretty much any the come across, and considering most will stay in one area...

I know what, let's settle this the proper way. Can you provide a source to your claim that other animals purposely drink from multiple water sources to provide a mix of minerals...?

Caporegime
From the tap.

And lol @ the different water sources. The same clouds drop the same rain onto the same mountains that have the same mineral content that leaches into the same water that will then be across a whole basin. So if you're suggesting animals travel 100's of miles to get a different route source you're wrong. But specially for you I will make a concerted effort to vary my tap usage in the name tin-foil hat science.

I'm going to start drinking from the bathroom taps and the kitchen tap from now on, to vary the water source.. :p

I may even vary it with the outdoor tap some times as well, just to be sure...

Associate
They'll drink from pretty much any the come across, and considering most will stay in one area...

I know what, let's settle this the proper way. Can you provide a source to your claim that other animals purposely drink from multiple water sources to provide a mix of minerals...?

Lol, why is the burden of proof on me? You're the one making the claim. I'm not really that bothered to be honest.

Associate
I'm going to start drinking from the bathroom taps and the kitchen tap from now on, to vary the water source.. :p

I may even vary it with the outdoor tap some times as well, just to be sure...

That would all be from the same source. I'm going to assume you are not being sarcastic as you clearly missed the sarcasm in the hot tap/fridge post.

A different source would be drinking at different rivers, lakes, ponds, rainfall, all of which can be within several 100metres of one another. If you honestly think that water is the same then why don't you just drink sea water. That really is free.

Associate
I like to breathe bottled air. Sure, I could breathe the free air, but I think the bottled air is worth the cost cos reasons.

Risky joke. Air pollution is attributed to cancer and other health issues all around the planet. You would probably do well to breath from bottled air from Scotland if you lived in london

Caporegime
I don't live in Lincoln, I live about 5 miles out in the middle of a field. A series of events led to it costing about £16,000 to reinstate the mains water supply. A well fitted for 7k was a much more viable option.

No, the well water is not the same as Lincolnshire tap water. This is the problem with most people, they make arrogant statements based on absolutely zero knowledge. The well is 46metres deep and takes water from a table which starts in Leicester. It runs through a shed load of everything on its way here. It isn't treated or filtered. It is perfectly safe to drink in the short term but if you would care to educate yourself on the long term consumption of excessive zinc, you will learn that it is not something you want to be doing. Linked to countless cases of brain and other organ issues, particularly in rural parts of America where they exclusively use domestic wells. You haven't tasted my water, I am not exaggerating when I say it taste like blood. The water has been independenly tested and zinc and iron are over the uk/eu specification.

You're the one that came into this thread, made odd statements and then suddenly did a U turn and revealed the fact that your tap water is not the same as the vast majority of others, being one of a very small proportion in the UK that have well water instead. :p

Soldato
Risky joke. Air pollution is attributed to cancer and other health issues all around the planet. You would probably do well to breath from bottled air from Scotland if you lived in london

You strike me as the man who received a nasty shock from an electrical appliance, then in paranoia and fear, proceeded to research electrical devices and now wears nothing but a full rubber suit and sits in candlelight. Well, more so than an electrician :D

Caporegime
Lol, why is the burden of proof on me? You're the one making the claim. I'm not really that bothered to be honest.

Erm... No. You made the claim first. I questioned it, along with several others. that is why the burdon of proof is on you.

It's also probably easier to find papers stating animals do drink from multiple sources on purpose than papers looking at whether animals don't...

Caporegime
That would all be from the same source. I'm going to assume you are not being sarcastic as you clearly missed the sarcasm in the hot tap/fridge post.

A different source would be drinking at different rivers, lakes, ponds, rainfall, all of which can be within several 100metres of one another. If you honestly think that water is the same then why don't you just drink sea water. That really is free.

I would go and look at the water cycle I I were you. You appear to misunderstand a basic premise of how it works.

And are you sure the hot tap/fridge comment was sarcasm? ;)

Back
Top Bottom