Poll: Tap Water. Do you drink it or use Bottled water?

Do you drink Tap or Bottled water?

• Tap

Votes: 554 89.4%
  • Bottle

Votes: 66 10.6%

• Total voters
Associate
You're the one that came into this thread, made odd statements and then suddenly did a U turn and revealed the fact that your tap water is not the same as the vast majority of others, being one of a very small proportion in the UK that have well water instead. :p

Odd statements in your opinion. Only 2 seconds of open minded thinking would draw the same conclusion that animals do in fact drink from multiple sources, not to mention the fact it is brought up on documentaries all the time. You seem to think that I am preaching that it is unsafe to drink tap water. Are you usually this cynical? I am merely saying it is good practice to drink water from multiple sources, that way you get a balanced diet instead of subjecting yourself to exactly the same stuff day in day out. There is no way of prooving what is good and bad for you in the long run as there are too many variables in life, so keeping things mixed up would make sense.

You strike me as the man who received a nasty shock from an electrical appliance, then in paranoia and fear, proceeded to research electrical devices and now wears nothing but a full rubber suit and sits in candlelight. Well, more so than an electrician :D

Lol. Yeh, probably coming across that way now after spending too much time defending a perfectly reasonable statement from people who are here for the argument, even if they don't understand what they are reading.

Soldato
What is it in some bottled waters that make your whole throat and mouth completely dry after you swallow it? So annoying :(

I bet they add something so they make you buy more :mad:

The poll could be worded a little better,

Bottle Yes

Tap yes

did I buy it from a shop, no

Caporegime
Odd statements in your opinion. Only 2 seconds of open minded thinking would draw the same conclusion that animals do in fact drink from multiple sources, not to mention the fact it is brought up on documentaries all the time. You seem to think that I am preaching that it is unsafe to drink tap water. Are you usually this cynical? I am merely saying it is good practice to drink water from multiple sources, that way you get a balanced diet instead of subjecting yourself to exactly the same stuff day in day out. There is no way of prooving what is good and bad for you in the long run as there are too many variables in life, so keeping things mixed up would make sense.

So I take from that you can't support your claim with any evidence.

I did have a quick look as well, but couldn't find any evidence to back up your statement that animals purposely drink from multiple sources either...

You can do as much "open minded thinking" as you want, but you need to back a statement of fact based on your "open minded thinking" up with actual empirical evidence.

And yes I am generally pretty cynical when it comes to unsubstantiated claims on the Internet. It's only a tab away to find the reality. ;)

Edit: and no, I'm not trolling. I just dislike unsubstantiated "facts" being claimed. It only takes someone else to read it as true and it can end up spreading. There are already enough wrong "facts" on the Internet as it is. That's why I asked you to substantiate it.

Last edited:
Soldato
A different source would be drinking at different rivers, lakes, ponds, rainfall, all of which can be within several 100metres of one another.

If they're within several hundred metres of one another, then the mineral content is not going to vary dramatically. You'd have to travel tens, hundreds of miles to find water sources that massively different mineral contents unless you live in very geologically varied area.

Back
Top Bottom