*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
I think I began the raid at 355 and through the raid and last night I got up to 362. I should be able to get on tonight so fingers crossed I should get up a little higher. Hopefully it is high enough to get through the wall section if not only rest of the raid.

Soldato
Been trying to set up raids through the100.io but always have cancellations or people just not turning up, frustrating - 4/4 with no shows. The only one I have managed to do is Vault of Glass but only after posting on Reddit last minute and getting 3 fill ins with Randoms (they were good guys to be fair).

Does anyone do relaxed /Sherpa raid runs here for rookies like me and my mates? Thing is fully admit I suck at Destiny so would need patience lol. If anyone is up for doing Crota's End say on Tuesday that would be great. (Xbone)

We are all about 300 light - I use a Warlock at 325 light.

Soldato
Is it worth picking up the new expansion? I kinda lost interest around the time Crota HM came out. Might be willing to give it a shot if the game has come along a bit and/or theres a decent amount of new content to experience.

I haven't really been gaming at all recently, it seems i either get addicted to a game or just don't bother with it at all.

It's what the game should have been at launch at bare minimum.

Even then it's still not the game they were making out it was going to be.

Soldato
Blergh, I really can't be arsed playing the raid underlevelled. Count me out for now.

Gonna be pretty busy this week, will try and fit in some strikes but frankly I'm not sure I'm going to bother.

Bungie don't half know how to trip up in sight of the finish line.

Soldato
Any word on when the first IB is going to be? I hope it's dropping up to decent light levels as I'd much rather grind my way to raid-ready light in PvP than slog through hours of strikes.

Associate
Blergh, I really can't be arsed playing the raid underlevelled. Count me out for now.

For the final part, you really need to be 365. That was about our average and we were right on the limit DPS wise, not to mention add control throughout (it was 2 high impact HC shots per shank for me at about 267)

Soldato
For the final part, you really need to be 365. That was about our average and we were right on the limit DPS wise, not to mention add control throughout (it was 2 high impact HC shots per shank for me at about 267)

I really wish Bungie would get the hint about light level grinding. It's the worst part of the game by miles. Every single time they've put activities in the game in such a way as to force you to play unlevelled, it ****es everyone off.

The gameplay is beautifully balanced for even light-level play. The raid mechanics and enemies are challenging enough....but why make us grind the same activities for hours to get to the point where the game is balanced and fun to play.

It's fine to repeat activities to get all the drops, and repeat them to get perfect rolls....because the activities are fun to play....when you're at the right light level!

Soldato
Agreed, it would be nice if the completion of the story missions, quests, a few strikes and a few rounds of pvp got you to the right light level to raid. Rather than complete the story and quest, then grind 15-20 strikes under levelled just to then be the right level for the strikes. To then grind however many more strikes to get up to raid level. I suppose the issue is for Bungie that this would shorten the content so would either have to charge less or give more.

On the subject of light level, I didn't have RNGsus on my side last night so only got a few drops that were an improvement. I got my light level up to 363 but I think with raid useful weapons I will only be 361 or 362 :(

Associate
It's what the game should have been at launch at bare minimum.

Even then it's still not the game they were making out it was going to be.

I think by most measures it is an extremely solid/good game now.

I wouldn't say it's what is should have been as a bare minimum, but it's definitely come along way and is very enjoyable.

Soldato
Got all the way to the final fight last night (thanks to Moe and OweO for helping). It's a really fun encounter, the raid in general is a lot of fun some really cool bosses and mechanics I think they've done a great job. Collectively we just didn't have the light levels to finish though, still pretty happy with the progress =)

Associate
I really wish Bungie would get the hint about light level grinding. It's the worst part of the game by miles. Every single time they've put activities in the game in such a way as to force you to play unlevelled, it ****es everyone off.

The gameplay is beautifully balanced for even light-level play. The raid mechanics and enemies are challenging enough....but why make us grind the same activities for hours to get to the point where the game is balanced and fun to play.

It's fine to repeat activities to get all the drops, and repeat them to get perfect rolls....because the activities are fun to play....when you're at the right light level!

Capping everything apart from rank up packages / PvP grind / Nightfall (x3) / S Key unlocks (low drop) at 365 is just stupid :confused:

For example, I spent 1 hour in Archon Forge @369 and all the purples apart from cloaks capped at 365. Meanwhile, people on my list who had tons of excotics saved are 387 already :rolleyes:

IMO, yes reward the preparation of saving engrams, but cap all pre-ROI engrams at 365. All post ROI Legendary and Exotic engrams should then scale with the +1-2 level increase. As at the moment, purples are completely useless, if I needed 365 gear I'd just go and get some blues, only bonus is 3 LM for a purple now :p

Soldato
Think I'm just going to take it easy and play for fun and go for the raid once I do get levelled up. Just been playing Crucible, bored of strikes! The drops aren't too bad, and you have 3oC drops.

Still amazes me how many people will find you dancing in an Armor of Light bubble with St 14 on and still come charging in. Using Immobius so never run out of shotgun ammo. One bubble I had 3 people run in and get murdered, dropping their crests right at your feet :D Works well in supremacy as you have a lot of small short-lived choke points and bubbles giving orbs to all your team mates and getting a few easy shotgun kills really helps, as well as giving teammates somewhere to hide and recover shields.

Associate
Oh so legendaries are capped at 365? I'm at 362 or something now and was saving all my legendary and exotic engrams until after that point.

1000% save all exotics until 365

No, I was in Archon Forge for 30 minutes earlier and had legendaries drop at 366 and 367.

Are you for reals? You had Helmet/Gauntlet/Chest/Leg drop over 365? As I posted earlier @ 369 I had 1 of each drop, all at 365. Only cloaks went upto 371 :confused:

Soldato
Is this any better than the previous destiny content? Once I got to max level and did the raid I got bored very quickly will this be the same or is there much difference that will keep me playing longer?

Back
Top Bottom