*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
My team got to the Siege engine and called it a night. Light level penalties caught up to some at that point, the guy we had at 351 was at a massive disadvantage. We only played 9 to 12 so I was pretty happy with the progress, if we were all around 365 we probably could've gone much deeper into it.

Soldato
Sorry about the last minute dropout guys. How did you get on? Sounds like LL would have been an issue, 370, but harsh tbh.

I saw a few seconds of some streams, looked cool, but didn't really see any of the mechanics....

Soldato
Being 354 was too bad was able to hold my own but the seige engine bit was tough, back to grind for me

That sucks man, I thought I had done pretty well getting to 355 in time. Playing underlevelled in Destiny sucks balls, I hate it :(

What are the drops like, still LL + 5?

If so it's a total waste of time going in before you get to light 365, might as well just grind strikes/AF

Soldato
Without saying anything specific of spoiler-ey, I think the very beginning is 350 and the first boss is 360. I was 356, staying alive isn't so much a problem but dps is. It is like most new raids where level is an issue you need to hit that near perfect run to get the boss down. After that though it does go up to 370 so being underlevelled is really noticable.

Still, I managed to get the stag at 365 plus the fusion rifle at 365 so a nice boost to my level. When I get back on I will burn through the 50 or so blue engrams I have and hopefully some of them will turn into legendaries for a little more level boost as the higher the better for trying to continue the raid.

Soldato
I am slightly more than ****ed that my post master was full (yay for the green sodding bonds that went into it.... W T F?!) which meant I didn't get either the boots or the fusion which dropped for me.

My titan (and probably my hunter TBH) are both raid ready so if anyone wants to run this weekend give me a shout. :) I want the fusion dammit!

I think we are running again Monday evening to try and get further (correct me if I am wrong guys).

EDIT: As Greboth mentions above the key for the fights so far has been DPS and more DPS. Tether seems to do jack so your Nightstalker hunters are better off using it to create orbs for the Titans / Warlocks (note - if you run sunsinger you can use the ignite ability to grant more DPS for 5 seconds for the entire team).

Last edited:
Associate
Final section was 380 and it was tough at 366. We only took a couple of hours to get there and spent another 5 to finish.
Really cool raid though. Good mix of mechanics and actually movement and shooting.

We had 2 380s 2 370s and 2 365s. Would have been close to impossible without the highest level guys.

Soldato
So drops in the raid are 365 minimum?

They haven't half made the light drop rules complicated for this release

Yup. So if nothing else doing the first part of the raid a few times should see a good boost to light levels.

Final section was 380 and it was tough at 366. We only took a couple of hours to get there and spent another 5 to finish.
Really cool raid though. Good mix of mechanics and actually movement and shooting.

We had 2 380s 2 370s and 2 365s. Would have been close to impossible without the highest level guys.

WTH?! How did anyone manage to hit 380 in the 3 days before the raid :eek:

I think mid gen was right in that shot guns are needed and sleeper maybe? I got the raid shot gun an fusion last night. U guys find the first exotic chests?

Yeah think so, we opened the chest at the top after the first fight and someone got an exotic. Though Drunzer said they missed it (not sure if you were in that group) but I dont know how as you almost trip over it.

Soldato
We got three chests. I got the fusion rifle and boots, both at 365.

Mild Strat Spoiler:

For the Archpriest we didn't bother with shotguns and fusions because the captains only spawn once per wave and we just used supers to clear them. Used snipers and gjallys for dps.

Soldato
Yeah think so, we opened the chest at the top after the first fight and someone got an exotic. Though Drunzer said they missed it (not sure if you were in that group) but I dont know how as you almost trip over it.

That's not the chest I was on about. There's another one after that.. and another after 2nd encounter. I didn't even know that very first chest had a chance for an exotic.

Soldato
When I get back on I will burn through the 50 or so blue engrams I have and hopefully some of them will turn into legendaries for a little more level boost as the higher the better for trying to continue the raid.

not one of the blue's that id thrown into the vault had decrypted into anything other than a blue 340, no legendary's nothing. disappointing :(

Soldato
We got three chests. I got the fusion rifle and boots, both at 365.

Mild Strat Spoiler:

For the Archpriest we didn't bother with shotguns and fusions because the captains only spawn once per wave and we just used supers to clear them. Used snipers and gjallys for dps.

That's not the chest I was on about. There's another one after that.. and another after 2nd encounter. I didn't even know that very first chest had a chance for an exotic.

Regarding the spoiler, I don't know what others were doing but I was on the right side with Oweo and he was using a sword for that part.

Ah I see, no we only got that chest but didn't get another one until the archpriest.

Soldato
My group probably won't be able to take another crack at this until Monday. I'll be on tonight but it'll be late (10:30) and tomorrow night from 9. If any groups need people give me a shout.

Associate
Yup. So if nothing else doing the first part of the raid a few times should see a good boost to light levels.

WTH?! How did anyone manage to hit 380 in the 3 days before the raid :eek:

Pretty much farming omnigal for 2 blues until 365, then using faction packages and hoarded exotic engrams to get up as high as possible as they always decode slightly above current level up to 385. Then once you get as high as possible you use skeleton keys and Eris packages to get max light artifacts.

Soldato
Well my hunter and Titan are ready at 360+ light. :)

Been kicking myself that I didn't get the fusion or boots that dropped last night. Thinking back if I had only deleted a couple of blues I already had on me I could have picked them up instead of relying on the post master.... ARGH! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom