Carrying something for self defence

Soldato
AK47 should do the job.

Jokes aside,Theres your major mistake right there..confronting them,If its at work simply back off,dont go up to them..ring the police.

No way would i put myself at harms risk or try to stop someone stealing stuff from work..just not worth it..company is most likely insured for that stuff,Your life isn't worth risking.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Good point, I think the law is about carrying offensive weapons in a public place?

Quite, on your own property you can carry what you want.

Should an altercation happen however you could still be liable for a variety of things if your argument of self defense and reasonable force are not seen as valid.

Permabanned
*private land*

use whatever you want since they are trespassing and threatening to take your life.

Petrol chainsaw should work since we're approaching Halloween. Just make sure you win. :D

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Don't carry anything - in the event of an attack often a weapon carried for defence is removed from the defenders possession and then used by the attacker.

Caporegime
Don't carry anything - in the event of an attack often a weapon carried for defence is removed from the defenders possession and then used by the attacker.

Yeah but the attacker already has a lethal weapon on them anyway in this case so the situation can't get any worse by carrying a weapon.

V F

V F

Soldato
Carry what you like, but you might be in the **** if you end up seriously injuring or killing someone.

...and if they carry knuckle dusters? The ones with the spikes/knife end. I'm not implying having a weapon is good but I'd still take my chances with hand to hand combat even if they had a weapon and I did not.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
and this is what annoys the hell out of me as far many security companies go, lets have A person on a large remote site that is constantly getting hit.

get a dog if your company has them if not a telephone and a camera. you could carry a big maglite but just dont go bouncing it off anyones head or you will end up getting done for assault with a weapon.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You can use reasonable force to defend yourself. Is planting a baseball bat / metal bar considered reasonable? Probably more on the side of pre-meditated assault, if you injured them with it.

Soldato
One of those 6 x D cell Maglite flashlights.

As a security guard, you patrol the client's premises in varying light conditions, so it's perfectly reasonable for you to carry a flashlight.

The "Big Daddy" Maglight just happens to double as a truncheon.

Soldato
If youre carrying anything with the intention of possibly using it to hurt someone, whether in self defence or otherwise, youre gonna have a bad time if you actually do have to use it.

Back
Top Bottom