Almond milk

Caporegime
personally i really dont like it, but im very fuzzy when it comes to nuts!

i like pistachios, hazel nuts, peanuts (not a nut i know), walnuts and not much else

Soldato
Almond milk is fine, though I wouldn't have it in tea as it is far too sweet for that for me.

Personally I prefer rice milk, not as sweet but sort of creamier. All the dairy alternatives I've tried are fine. Actually, using the flavoured 'Vive soy' milk instead of milk in coffee is rather nice.

Associate
Gold top has to be where it is at! Just got some from Sainsburys..... ITS AMAZING! lol you even get this creamy layer on the top which just like golden goodness :D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Holy thread revival...

Started making my own almond milk now and its so much nicer and significantly cheaper than the alpro stuff.

Dead easy as well, plenty of Youtube videos on the subject.

(I use 5:1 ratio of water to nuts as i like it a bit thinner)

Drop a date in there as well and you dont need sugar in anything.

Caporegime
Holy thread revival...

Started making my own almond milk now and its so much nicer and significantly cheaper than the alpro stuff.

Dead easy as well, plenty of Youtube videos on the subject.

(I use 5:1 ratio of water to nuts as i like it a bit thinner)

Drop a date in there as well and you dont need sugar in anything.

I might try this now I have a vitamix.

I wonder how rice milk is made is it as simple as cooked rice with water and blend?

I tend to buy whatever is on offer, i don't have a high tolerance to lactose so i made the choice to drop milk so i can continue to have cheese, etc.

I've tried them all, hazelnut, soya, cashew, rice, coconut (not the thick stuff), almond, flavoured varieties too, chocolate hazelnut/soya is good.

If it's £1 per tetrapack (1 litre) i'll stock up on whatever is on offer. I don't dislike any of them and I think the rice is my favourite possibly because it's flavoured vanilla.

Soldato
Stomach don't like dairy so I personally use Oatly oat milk, the brown variety as it is simply oats, water and a bit of salt, no extra additives or anything. Tastes great and I use it for my cereals and scrambled eggs. To be honest could eaisly make it at home, but can't be bothered...

Occasionally buy soya vanilla milk and drink on its own, good milkshake alternative.

Caporegime
Stomach don't like dairy so I personally use Oatly oat milk, the brown variety as it is simply oats, water and a bit of salt, no extra additives or anything. Tastes great and I use it for my cereals and scrambled eggs. To be honest could eaisly make it at home, but can't be bothered...

Occasionally buy soya vanilla milk and drink on its own, good milkshake alternative.

I find Out milk to be too oily, especially for teas/coffees.

I'm all about hemp milk now.

Soldato
I find Out milk to be too oily, especially for teas/coffees.

I'm all about hemp milk now.

I use the Oatly brand brown carton one which has no oil, made up of just water, oats and a bit of salt.

http://www.oatly.com/products/united-kingdom/organic-oat-drink-uk/

It would be unsuitable for tea though as its too watery, its more ideal for cereals.

They do have another version which is more suited to various beverages. http://www.oatly.com/products/international/foamable/

Never tried it as I don't drink any sort of tea, coffee etc.

I have tried the Hemp blue carton brand one, it is pretty decent.

Soldato
Use almond milk a lot here too. Unsweetened kind.
Can generally find it on offer for £1 a carton in the big supermarkets but I notice Aldi have just started to stock it for £1 per carton too so this may instigate some price drops.

Back
Top Bottom