How do I stand returning ebay item 7 months old

dal

dal

Associate
Hi all, I bought a GPU brand new from e bay back in March. The dam thing has gone wrong & I want to return it for a refund or replacement. I've emailed the seller but I haven't had a reply & I don't think i'm going to get one either. I don't even think I've got the original invoice. Now surely anything electrical will have at least 12 months warranty but how would I go about getting it repaired / refunded or should I just wave the £126 goodbye.
This is the last time I ever buy anything of any value on e bay.

Soldato
If it worked for 7 months it's not like they sold it in bad faith. It might still be under the original warranty period if you're lucky.

dal

dal

Associate
OP
If it worked for 7 months it's not like they sold it in bad faith. It might still be under the original warranty period if you're lucky.

But how would I go about getting it replaced under warranty (BTW it's a geforce graphics card )

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just manufacturer RMA it ? I wouldn't expect any shop to sort it for me unless its part of their sale agreement like OCUK on some cards.

7 months sucks but ive had cards go **** up after mere weeks.

Soldato
If a business seller do they have a shop? Ring them? You will have a invoice in your emails. Weather a manufacturer will take a eBay invoice is another matter. Some just need the serial number

Man of Honour
Business
Thing is I haven't got proof of purchase, I could try & see if the seller will send me a copy of invoice bit I won't hold my breath on it

Any emails? when I've RMA'd to manufacturer before with some Amazon purchases they've taken a PDF of the email invoice fine.

Soldato
Business
Thing is I haven't got proof of purchase, I could try & see if the seller will send me a copy of invoice bit I won't hold my breath on it

If it was a business, they have to give 1 year I thought (unless it's 2nd hand?).

Proof or purchase is surely just in your eBay account / email confirmation?

Back
Top Bottom