Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Qel

Qel

Associate
You probably just need to practice and get used to the fact you'll be looking at the screen instead of looking directly at the pencil/stylus you're drawing with on a page.

Soldato
I used to have one years ago and while i'm shockingly poor at art after a bit of practice and following some youtube guides It was great to use. Stick with it, i'm sure you'll get used to it :)

Thanks, I'll have a good look on Youtube later. I had a quick look but every video I clicked on seemed to be a glorified advert for Wacom. I think there was a digital art thread on here somewhere so i'll have a read through that as well.

Man of Honour
The sound output on this thing is absolutely mind blowing.

I have some Bose speakers for my PC. They are actually quite small but the sound is superb and fills even a large room. I hear a lot of people criticising Bose as not worth the money (these were ex display so I picked them up for much cheapness) but I have been genuinely surprised and amazed at how good they are.

Soldato
My parents recently bought a Bose bluetooth/digital radio thing. It's pretty big, not portable. The sounds.... good, i'd say, but the bluetooth is terrible. It often jumps, for just a split second but still so annoying. They try to defend it by saying my/their phone's are too far away from it.... at about 6 metres.... :rolleyes:
Never had any kind of problems with my UE Mini boom ;)

Ah well...i fully support them spending £400 on it...:eek::eek::eek: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They've always been huge fans of Bose but I see nothing special. The price is extortionate, and I've not once though 'holy **** that sounds incredible'. Rant over :p

Man of Honour
I swear 10 years ago Bose got a LOT of crap for being rubbish and bad value for money even against same priced audio equipment, how times changed.

I think in comparison to proper stereo equipment they are still pretty rubbish, but in an age of compressed streaming music, bluetooth and portable speakers Bose is pretty good.

They also totally nailed noise canceling headphones a few years back and still manage to lead the segment.

Soldato
I've never been blown away by Bose. Girlfriend talks about wanting Bose this Bose that. Well I bought Sonos and Yamaha instead.

My dad has the Bose noise cancelling headphones and my god do they cancel noise amazing stuff. But sound quality is poor compared to my sennheizers m2s.

I think they are simply a bit above middle of the road but their marketing engine makes people think they are prosumer gear and then charge accordingly.

Soldato
I swear 10 years ago Bose got a LOT of crap for being rubbish and bad value for money even against same priced audio equipment, how times changed.

Trouble is Bose are in most cases overpriced, but they have the marketing to blind people to that. Do they make good stuff? Sometimes. Can you get better bang for your buck? Almost always.

Associate
Went in for some shampoo today and couldn't resist this..... I've had my tools for about 10 years now from when I did my apprentiship and they've lasted very well (signet).

20161228_000630_zpse1zty1gj.jpg

I was tempted by this but couldn't justify buying it over the normal set for £140 with my trade card.

Back
Top Bottom