Project Scorpio .. early adapter or not ?

Man of Honour
There will be no games exclusive to it so I think it's a bit daft to jump right in.

I'll wait a few months and see if it has all of the issues that the PS4 Pro had with game support.

Associate
I just hope they mention very little about it at E3 this year and focus on the games. I'm in 2 minds, but I'll pre order and wait till closer to the time to decide if I'm gonna keep it or not...but it's new tech, so I'll most likely deffo get it haha

Associate
Bought a PS4 pro on release as I didn't have a PS4 previously. Going to wait and see on Scorpio. Own a Xbox one already so wait and see

Soldato
Kreeeee;30490375 said:
There will be no games exclusive to it so I think it's a bit daft to jump right in.

Depends on your perspective really. Countless different PC configurations will all run the same games. Yet some people spend more than others, or upgrade sooner than others. They do it because they like shiny visuals, high-resolutions, and stable frame rates. The existence of older or less powerful hardware doesn't appear to be limiting the appeal of new products hitting the market.

I won't be buying at launch. But I get it. There's an opportunity to sell a new product to the people who thought the Xbox 360 and PS3 lasted too long, without alienating the people who don't want to upgrade their hardware every few years.

Soldato
Unless they can sort out their exclusives then personally...i dont see the point.

This is the first list google comes up with :

Retail
Crackdown 3 (Microsoft)
Halo Wars 2 (Microsoft)
[Pending] Mystereet F: The Detectives’ Curtain Call (5pb.)
[Pending] Natsuki Chronicle (Qute)
Phantom Dust (Microsoft)
Sea of Thieves (Microsoft)
State of Decay 2 (Microsoft)
[Pending] Shooting Love Trilogy (Triangle Service)
[Pending] Yomi wo Saku Hana (Experience)

Will current one owners upgrade ? Personally, i doubt it. Will PS4 owners take the plunge with those as exclusives ? Again, I doubt it.

Needs a massive E3 showing.

Man of Honour
satchef1;30490673 said:
Depends on your perspective really. Countless different PC configurations will all run the same games. Yet some people spend more than others, or upgrade sooner than others. They do it because they like shiny visuals, high-resolutions, and stable frame rates. The existence of older or less powerful hardware doesn't appear to be limiting the appeal of new products hitting the market.

I won't be buying at launch. But I get it. There's an opportunity to sell a new product to the people who thought the Xbox 360 and PS3 lasted too long, without alienating the people who don't want to upgrade their hardware every few years.

What about the bit of the post you didn't quote?

There will be no shiny new graphics if the games aren't updated, have a look at the compatibility issues they had at the PS4 Pro launch.

I will keep my XBone until those issues are sorted. There is no rush to upgrade as I won't be missing out on any games while I wait for the issues to get sorted and the price to drop.

Associate
Very much in doubt for me. I was thinking seriously about it for a while but I recently sold my Xbox One due to lack of exclusive games, and no interesting ones on the horizon.

Basically, everything that comes out on Xbox One I can now play on my PC anyway. Microsoft need to seriously sort themselves out regarding exclusive games. Sony has a barrel load of good looking single player games coming this year and beyond. Xbox is lacking in that department.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Scorpio to be the machine Microsoft are promising, but without the games to support it, it'll not be worth buying for me.

Caporegime
If you asked me this time last year, I would say 100% yes. But now that MS have made all their games available to Windows 10, I'm very much leaning towards a gaming laptop. But I'm still being pulled to consoles with the PS4 Pro and HDR (for which I'll need a new TV).

Caporegime
I'm still curious as to how games will look/run on the box though. After all, it has got the power of a PS4 more than the PS4 Pro and an extra 4GB of memory. If it miraculously made the old Xbox 360 + Xbone games run at 4K then yes but I know that's impossible as the code is not like a PC's.

Soldato
No plans as I don't have a 4k TV. If Xbox games keep ending up on PC then I'd probably rather put the money towards buying a new video card. Especially as I guess it'll be around for around £400-500.

Even then I can't see me buying 4k consoles as I already have a ps4 and Xbox one both of which I bought on release! I'd rather wait for a proper next gen console.

I also have the Nintendo switch on preorder so won't be buying another system this year :)

Back
Top Bottom