DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Associate
I did it online and used the swift code, which gives the banks address, followed by the IBAN code. I did pay extra to have it cleared on the day I sent it, still not had a reply, should have just payed the standard fee. I think the address should have also been sent with the bank details.

I`m hoping Ill receive my tracking number soon, computer has to arrive this week, its been ages now.

Associate
I'm not defending them anymore msi are absolute liers. Today for me has proved it. They pick and choose who they want to respond too and don't give a ****. In all the times I've got a response out of them I've had to threaten them and again they just feed me lies. I should have had tracking today and so far I have not. And somehow my mate benny who's laptop was out of stock got his tracking before me... explain that one msi

Associate
It could be your fund's didn't clear yet and you have to do the transfer early for that day to count.
I was given two weeks max as an estimate.
So they have this week and next week, I really do hope they sort it out before then.

Associate
Neo2016;30500102 said:
It could be your fund's didn't clear yet and you have to do the transfer early for that day to count.
I was given two weeks max as an estimate.
So they have this week and next week, I really do hope they sort it out before then.

I received an email mate saying they had been cleared at the same time as benny

Associate
That sucks, I still have nothing,not sure whats takeing so long. I just want the yourfunds have cleared and he is your tracking number
but I think I have to sign something first.

Associate
I wish I had a magical email, but no point in emailing them everyday, they have 8 working days left.

**** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks MSI, the wait was worth is

Hi Neo,

Your NB is ready to ship tomorrow as enclosed shipping document.

Please be noted that since your original trade-in model GT73VR 6RF(Titan Pro)-220UK is in shortage now so we will ship another mode instead: GT73VR 7RF(Titan Pro)-286UK/ 9S7-17A121-286.

Here is the SPEC:

GPU

SPEC

GTX 1080, 8GB GDDR5X

120HZ/i7-7820HK/ 32GB/ SR-512GB SSD+1TB

Well that's a surprise, I`m so happy now.
Never thought they would ship be a super new model.
I really cant wait, MSI have done a good job, cant fault them really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Yea! nice! same model as I'm getting :)

maybe they have identified issues with certain machines (like mine, lots had issues) rather than cause a load more issues cut their losses and sending out ones they know are flawless.

to be honest, I wasn't looking for a 1080, just a 1070 (for the right price) so getting a 1080 and a newer version is awesome and MSI have outdone themselves here, but to be honest this is probably what should have happened in the first place to apologies for their muck up...

once I get the machine I know its going to be awesome, I will leave a review unbiased on the machine but any review will have a few lines about poor service, hopefully this will be a focus for them 2017/2018 customer service & retention rather than just banging out the best possible laptop at the right price.

If you want to be a top company you need, quality products at the right price with the service to back it up, then you can truly be #1

Associate
Its pretty much the seconded best model you can buy, the next one is SLI and to be fair, I don't really want that monster.
The two power packs would drive me nutts, but MSI have done a really good job, I cant fault them really and they have looked after there customers really well.
Ok, mostly, I would happily buy another MSI in the future, if I get time I will do a review too.

I know this machine is going to be a really beast, I cant wait, so happy the trade in is almost over.

Associate
OP
It seems reasonable to upgrade everyone as an apology for letting us down with the misleading advertising in the first place.

trop and Neo, I genuinely hope you enjoy your new machines. Get some benchmarks in the owners thread :D

Associate
Thanks, misjah, I hope MSI will eventually resolve your trade in.
Fingers crossed for you.

Still nothing, I did thank them for the upgrade and it was a really cool thing for them to do.
I just hope I will get a tracking number for the end of the day.
I guess it depends on how busy they are.
fingers crossed still.

Has anyone else heard anything back yet ?
Seems like this thread is dying and the trade in is almost over for most people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I got the gt73vr 7rf 286 with 32gb ram 512 ssd because the 6rf 220 was out of stock
The upgrade cost me 1240 , I know others have been give the same model for less, but I'm happy at the min.

Associate
OP
grrrrr laptop was supposed to be shipped today, no confirmation now Natalie is saying that's not the case...

seriously WHAT THE HELL!?

im just gona have a breakdown in a minute....

Almost SIX MONTHS since I originally emailed MSI (and opened this thread).

GOFpKYj.png

Half a year and we are still waiting for this matter to be completely resolved.

Back
Top Bottom