Poll: WOULD OcUK MEMBERS LIKE TO SEE MORE PRODUCT VIDEOs BUT DONE BY NERDPHILIA

Would you like to see products tested, reviews and how to by Nerdphilia

• Yes

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 331 88.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Are there guys who actually like the loud odd noises she makes, or do these youtube women just put it on thinking we like it.

so no, far to annoying and if you want pretty, there's a whole internet to look at.

however more videos, reviews and how to is never a bad thing, just find sommone better.

Permabanned
You would rather give some random who probably doesn't even buy off OCUK than give it to a member of the forum who is more likely to give an honest committed review? Is this really because she gets lots of views on youtube - which is really because she's a girl? To which I say for shame.

If you want to get videos that are both relevant and well constructed:

1. Make a sub-forum for items that need reviewing
2. Get a process in place to ensure the videos are produced in a way that is consistent that you like
3. Use people who are already committed to your cause

From this I seen you gave some random girl a nice new chair. Good on you, now I feel unworthy and unused because my man boobs don't compare to hers.

Personally I prefer a well documented review, than some girl making animal noises.

After struggling to watch the whole chair video - there was no unboxing - just her throwing packaging in the air making noises, there was no itemised list of what was in the box and she just played some elevator music while she struggled to put it together. Just what I needed when making a decision.

Then final verdict: "I really like this chair, it feels nice" Well said. Well said. I feel confident now that my purchase is well informed.

Soldato
Nope.

Get stulid to do it. May not be as attractive but he does a great job reviewing products.

His voice isn't nearly as irritating either. Then again I'm not really the demographic you're looking for here.

Edit: or captaincomedy has a good idea! The keyboard that got sent around produced some great reviews before the pleb knicked it. A good way to give back to the community whilst still getting something out of it yourselves.

Last edited:
Associate
You would rather give some random who probably doesn't even buy off OCUK than give it to a member of the forum who is more likely to give an honest committed review? Is this really because she gets lots of views on youtube - which is really because she's a girl? To which I say for shame.

If you want to get videos that are both relevant and well constructed:

1. Make a sub-forum for items that need reviewing
2. Get a process in place to ensure the videos are produced in a way that is consistent that you like
3. Use people who are already committed to your cause

From this I seen you gave some random girl a nice new chair. Good on you, now I feel unworthy and unused because my man boobs don't compare to hers.

Personally I prefer a well documented review, than some girl making animal noises.

After struggling to watch the whole chair video - there was no unboxing - just her throwing packaging in the air making noises, there was no itemised list of what was in the box and she just played some elevator music while she struggled to put it together. Just what I needed when making a decision.

Then final verdict: "I really like this chair, it feels nice" Well said. Well said. I feel confident now that my purchase is well informed.

Hear hear!

Nail. Head.

Now I shall repeat;

Can I get a free chair to review please? I'm actually in dire need of one. And I'd review it properly....

That hussy could have got any dopey bloke who is lead by his man parts to buy her one.

Soldato
She's a bit cringe if you ask me. Didn't even get to the bit where she opened the box before turning it off.

If you want someone to give an honest answer give it to an 80 year old. They are the ones that always moan about uncomfortable chairs. If you give it to someone my age (30's) they can sit in anything and it won't really bother them. I sit in a £40 chair from some cheapo company 10 hours a day and I'm fine.

Man of Honour
If I want to watch videos with attractive women in and a complete lack of storyline or other factual information for instance having a plumber arrive 5 minutes after you've called and not three weeks later, well there's already sites for that that I'm sure most of us are aware of.

Caporegime
Aside from the fact you fancy her, I'm not entirely sure what she really did in either video that would make you want to give her free stuff and exposure.

Soldato
If I want to watch videos with attractive women in and a complete lack of storyline or other factual information for instance having a plumber arrive 5 minutes after you've called and not three weeks later, well there's already sites for that that I'm sure most of us are aware of.

Does she also tar in those videos?

If so... SAUCE!

Soldato
I know some really good gaming YouTube channels that have way more subscribers that would be awesome to do OCUK reviews. Alas they are not blonde women though so you might not be interested.

Soldato
They are not review videos - they are 'look at what I have videos'.

It has already been said but OcUK should have their own channel where they can do honest reviews on products and give technical feedback, benchmarks and reasons to buy etc. I would rather watch a video with a spokes person (in front or behind camera) with a well scripted dialoage and all the information ready to present. Not everything on YouTube has to be personable, it can just be information. I get fed up when I am trying to find out information and I have to wait for 5minutes for the reviewer to tell how about their day, or how the package was lost for a week. I want to know about the item your reviewing, not about you.

OcUK could do;
- Whats new this month
- Whats coming soon
- How to build a PC
- How to install watercooling
- How to.....you get the point

Back
Top Bottom