Poll: WOULD OcUK MEMBERS LIKE TO SEE MORE PRODUCT VIDEOs BUT DONE BY NERDPHILIA

Would you like to see products tested, reviews and how to by Nerdphilia

• Yes

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 331 88.0%

• Total voters
Permabanned
I know some really good gaming YouTube channels that have way more subscribers that would be awesome to do OCUK reviews. Alas they are not blonde women though so you might not be interested.

What irks me is that this is a form of IP, Why give your IP to others (established channels) for little gain when you could use it to reinforce your brand??

Soldato
You see, at the risk of sounding sexist i will give my two cents:

If OCuk was a gourmet food ingredient shop and these channels were cooking channels or celebrity chef programs i would get bored of watching Giada De Laurentiis or some other sexy chef bake up the same stuff as everyone else in the same way but with a pretty smile.

No i am much more of a Hugh Fernly Wittingstall or Heston Blumenthal sort of guy. People with quirkiness to their shows delivery and some personality, as well as know their **** in their own unique way.

Basically, is there a tech equivalent of 'Ordinary Swedish Mealtime' That involves shouting, breaking, throwing and overclocking (with or without mayonnaise)?

Rather than just review it the same way, put it through silly tests that are absolutely no use, such as how much give the chair has when you sit or lean on it compared to other chairs.

Soldato
I want technical information when reading/watching a review.

Make her read a script and you'll be fine... probably?

But as others have said, I'd rather read a well written review, with lots of images, maybe a SMALL video of the product. (Actually OF THE PRODUCT, its functions, its issues, etc)

Soldato
Ummmmmm. No. Unboxings grate on me anyway, I don't what it is but they just frustrate me.

Her style is annoying. All over the place. Talking to a cat. Skype phone calls. Funny noises. Funny expressions. No explanation of the parts and what she's doing. Just not my thing. I'm sure there are many who love these female "geek" videos, but nah. Not to my personal taste.

Soldato
What irks me is that this is a form of IP, Why give your IP to others (established channels) for little gain when you could use it to reinforce your brand??

Free advertising I guess. If you get your brand on a channel where the average video view is 50k then that is 50k people you are getting free advertising to.

Giving a chair away for free is small change when compared with advertising on TV, Radio and in magazines.

V F

V F

Soldato
Who said honest reviews? I've seen this, they usually end up getting less stuff since they're critical. If they say how wonderful they are it seems every company floods them with goods.

Back
Top Bottom