Poll: WOULD OcUK MEMBERS LIKE TO SEE MORE PRODUCT VIDEO's BUT DONE BY NERDPHILIA

Would you like to see products tested, reviews and how to by Nerdphilia

• Yes

Votes: 27 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 133 83.1%

• Total voters
Associate
I've voted no. And watch and enjoy the official Youtube channel. And enjoy watching the overclocker stuff more.

But looking at your channel she has more hits than yourselves.

So I have this feeling that NERDPHILIA might appeal to a larger audience for overclockers.

So even tho a lot of us here don't enjoy her talents. You still might want to go ahead and try working with her on a trial basis.

Man of Honour
She is ok but not that tech savvy. Attaching the cooler she could have been a bit more careful tightening the screws diagonally.

And there was a 4 letter word in the video which not even TTL uses these days.:eek:

Man of Honour
I do watch a multitude of review and how to videos just before I make a purchase but those two videos told me nothing.
Here is a chair and now it's built.
Here is a gaming computer and now it's built.
I learned nothing.

Associate
No. Found all her sound effects to be irritating, attempts to be amusing just weren't and anyone that actually has a Noble chair will know it doesn't feel awesome within the first 5 minutes (it takes a week of constant use to adjust to). And whats with all the breaks in recording, the chair can be assembled within 15 minutes.

Great chair, poor video. Couldn't bring myself to watch the other one.
This is it!
...plus this:
no seriousness in the vids
feels fake
talking "crap" just so it looks like she "talks"

Big NO for me

If you want to help and promote someone, do it for Lauren instead.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TastyPCTV
Id prefer to see some videos done by Lauren from TastyPC :p

Soldato
As mentioned by someone else, the "review" amounted to "I like it", along with "ooh, isn't it big" and "ooh, it'll never fit".

Cue sniggers and snorts from adolescents and the like-minded.

I could do that, gissa job (and a free chair, and graphics cards, etc.)

Soldato
voted no and gave my reasons in the GD thread but thinking more on it maybe not such a bad idea. having a 'female influence' might help open up the perceived 'gentlemans club/boys only' that pc hardware is quite often assumed to be, which to my mind is no bad thing. obviously those of us that can't abide her don't have to watch her videos!

Associate
As mentioned by someone else, the "review" amounted to "I like it", along with "ooh, isn't it big" and "ooh, it'll never fit".

Cue sniggers and snorts from adolescents and the like-minded.

I could do that, gissa job (and a free chair, and graphics cards, etc.)

But are you pretty and blond?

And wearing a wig doesn't count. :p

Associate
voted no and gave my reasons in the GD thread but thinking more on it maybe not such a bad idea. having a 'female influence' might help open up the perceived 'gentlemans club/boys only' that pc hardware is quite often assumed to be, which to my mind is no bad thing. obviously those of us that can't abide her don't have to watch her videos!

I agree, it would be great to promote women being part of the PC community. However, if people don't find the videos useful, and there are other ladies creating videos that are more useful, maybe she is not the right content creator for OcUK.

Soldato
I vote NO. She's clueless and really has no idea what she's talking about. Annoying delivery also, but that's purely subjective of course... it wouldn't matter if she actually provided useful information. This kind of thing should not be encouraged.

Soldato
I agree, it would be great to promote women being part of the PC community. However, if people don't find the videos useful, and there are other ladies creating videos that are more useful, maybe she is not the right content creator for OcUK.
fair point - to be honest I only watched a few seconds of the video so didn't get to find how informative it actually was

Soldato
Id prefer to see some videos done by Lauren from TastyPC :p

why, she's no better looking than nerdphilia (I know beauty is subjective and all that)

Those reviews are a million times better, I actually learned something.
Not just "This is an LED, giggle, it comes in different colours, oh my Dad is ringing giggle, do you want to help me cat?, giggle, bye"

a million times better? i found her voice to be very monotonous to the point, like the nerdphilia videos, I only watched a few seconds - perhaps she is more informative but she sounds too boring for my liking

Soldato
If OCUK want to get into doing video reviews wouldn't it make sense to employ someone new on site to do these and build your own fanbase up etc.

Would make for quicker videos / reviews on items as you wouldn't need to ship them off somewhere.

Soldato
I don't see how looks should even come in to it or a topic of discussion... she should be judged ENTIRELY on content, nothing else matters unless you're a teenage boy. If it did, Gamers Nexus wouldn't have even got off the ground, but I find his videos a million times more watchable and informative.

Back
Top Bottom